Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong artist photos appearing in album view

Hi there,

So I updated my iPhone 5 to ios 7 yesterday and have been happy with the new features for the most part, however when going to play some music I noticed something wasn't right.

Whilst scrolling through the list of artist I could see that rather than pulling through the first album's artwork as iTunes does on my mac it every now and again decides to provide an alternative image.

At first my OCD wasn't too impressed, but I figured I'd get over it. That was until I scrolled past the album I have for 1960's British rock outfit Cream's replaced by two schmucks that look like they've been dragged through the 90's backwards. If I go into the folder to view the album the correct artwork is there.

I wasn't too impressed by this, but figured it to be a one of blip.

Anyways I pressed on until I got to the Dio folder. Expecting to see the cover of Holy Diver or Dream Evil I'm instead greeted with the face of a black guy in a purple top hat. I have no idea who this man is, but I can assure you he never fronted classic rock pioneers Black Sabbath or Rainbow nor has he had a song written by Tenacious D about him.

This guy, although dapper has never sored on the wings of a demon. A bold judgement I know, but I'm pretty certain I am correct.

I digress.

How do I fix this issue as it is pishing me of to no end?

Yours,

MF Stringhaussen

iPhone 5, iOS 7, Music

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:39 AM

9 replies

Oct 3, 2013 6:49 AM in response to MF Stringhaussen

Had the same annoying issue with Cream. No idea who is in the photo. I looked on iTunes and saw that there is no profile photo for Cream, so it should just show album art for them. I was able to trick iOS 7 into showing album art by changing the artist name for all Cream tracks, adding a space immediately after the word "Cream" in the artist field in iTunes. When I did that the incorrect artist photo was replaced by album art.

I am using Match, so the change was pushed, but I imagine it will work the same if you add music manually or sync the music library with iTunes.

Wrong artist photos appearing in album view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.