Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix not working on iPad2 since iOS 7 upgrade.

I've scoured the internet, but I guess only a few are having this problem.
Anyhow, I've deleted and reinstalled the app, restarted the iPad... nothing seems to work.
The app opens, but just shows the netflix logo against the red background with the loading animation, and that's it.

Everything else is running like clockwork.
Thanks in advance for your reply, should you have any advice!

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:40 AM

19 replies

Sep 29, 2013 10:12 PM in response to K Tm S

Hello

As simple as it sounds ... All you need to do is go to settings, then iTunes & Apple store, sign in with your ID and password.... Then go back to apple store ICON and install Netflix... You won't need to re-enter your ID as in IOS6...As per my username I am just a curious girl..not an expert... But after fussing with this for a while I realized IOS7 requires password at screen opening (kinda forces you to) because sign in is automatic in everything afterwards!!!!...

Good luck

Oct 4, 2013 12:39 PM in response to colemc3

This is exactly what happened to me. I updated to IOS7 and my HDMI to iPhone and iPad cable worked fine with both devices. Yesterday at noon it was working fine. At 7:00 yesterday evening it stopped working. I had a message that my TV was not compatible and that if I was using AirPlay that I'd have to turn off mirroring. This was the same message both on iPhone and iPad. Very discouraging.

I've been using NetFlix exclusively for over a month, as when I got the HDMI cable from Apple, Amazon movies had a similar message.

I've determined that the change happened because under Settings/ iTunes & App Store/Automatic Downloads, I had updates on. Netflix Version 5 must have been downloaded and updated betweeen noon and 7:00 yesterday, and that is the problem. I then found that the older version of the NetFlix app was still on my Mac, V4.3 or so. I deleted the V5.0 from my iPhone, went to iTunes on my Mac, selected the iPhone, went to apps, and selected "update." After syncing, IT WORKS!

Oct 28, 2013 12:03 PM in response to Rick Woodbury

Hi,

This seems to work.

Reset Issues

If your Wi-Fi connection is properly set and you can use the Internet without trouble, yet the Netflix app still freezes when trying to load your movie, you may need to reset your iPad's network settings. Netflix has not released an official explanation for this error, but the solution works regardless of the problem's cause. Go into your iPad's "Settings" app and choose "Reset," then "Reset network settings" and confirm your choice. This basically reboots your iPad's Wi-Fi connection. After the reset is complete, tap the "Wi-Fi" area under "Settings" and select your network to reconnect. Enter your password if prompted, and then try Netflix streaming again.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_8209203_isnt-netflix-streaming-ipad.html#ixzz2j2qwV5N7

Nov 7, 2013 11:18 AM in response to colemc3

Maybe this will help you and others;

A little background:

After updating my iPad 4 to ios 7, Netflix has been giving me the connection error message. I went into my safari cookies settings and it was already set on "from third parties and advertisers", so I tried and mess around with the settings-- failed. After months of frustration (tried power off and on and playing with the toggles), I just waited out for the next update. I could have deleted the app and just redownload it but I didn't think that simple solution would fix my problems, so I waited.

Problem fixed:

Two months later, my patience ran out and I just went ahead and deleted the netflix app and redownload it (simple solution, right?). I felt so stupid and excited at the same time! It worked! I couldn't believe the simple solutions could fix something so technical as an update to fix the problem. Good luck!

Netflix not working on iPad2 since iOS 7 upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.