Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios7 Music: In the artists tab, how do I only see a list of albums?

In the new ios7 Music app, under the Artists tab, the app opens each album and lists all songs. Is there a setting to turn this off? I just want to see a list of all albums by that artist, and not have to scroll through all the songs to find the album I want.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:32 AM

3 replies

Sep 21, 2013 1:26 PM in response to dcltdw

Exactly the same issue as you mate. Posted it earlier. They really need to sort this out, makes finding and playing a particular album a real chore.

There is also no functionality to stop playing a given album/record as it will just continue to play whatever is beneath it in the list.

Haven't found anything that will fix both these issues and i've been looking since i upgraded.

Sep 21, 2013 2:55 PM in response to GarethE79

GarethE79 wrote:

There is also no functionality to stop playing a given album/record as it will just continue to play whatever is beneath it in the list.

The Music app no longer respects album boundaries when you enter an album through Artists view. It treats all the albums under that artist as belonging to an implicit playlist. When you shuffle, all songs on all albums for that artist are shuffled and play. When you try to play an album, it doesn't stop when the album is over; playback continues with the next album. Here is a workaround, but please complain about the new behavior and ask Apple to fix it here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

The workaround:

1. Go to Artists view, select an Artist with several albums, and start playing a song in the album you want to play. For example, at the top of Now Playing, I see "1 of 216" for a 13 track album, with the 216 being the total number of tracks for that artist.
  2. Press the menu button in the upper right of the Now Playing screen, which will take you to a view of the single album with all its tracks, plus a Rating button in the upper left and a Done button in the upper right.
  3. Press a different song, and immediately afterwards, press the song you want to start on.
  4. Press Done. You're returned to Now Playing. I now see "1 of 13" for my 13 track album, and the playback is indeed confined to this one album. I can even press the Shuffle button to shuffle and play just the songs on this album. When the album is finished, I'm returned to the Artists view.

ios7 Music: In the artists tab, how do I only see a list of albums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.