Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcasts disappeared in 11.1! How do I get them back?

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:43 AM

8 replies

Sep 24, 2013 2:02 PM in response to CLaughhunn

Apple seems to have selected a broad range of mine to totally disappear, and left others untouched. UNFORTUNATELY, the ones I cannot find anywhere are those I was most interested in keeping. And in my case it has nothing to do with what the settings were for other devices, because the disappeared items didn't all have the same setting. What happened indeed!!! They are nowhere to be found, not in the previous library folder from 2 days ago, and those I do have in a backup file won't be reentrusted to Apple's iTunes nonsense anytime soon due to others saying they get erased again.

Sep 25, 2013 8:42 AM in response to Jerry Walz

Adding insult to injury, when I click on "Podcasts" in the iTunes menu/sidebar, iTunes just completely freezes (though I am able to see that a Librivox podcast I've subscribed to has "zero episodes", which it shouldn't).

This requires going to the Task Manager (I'm running this on Windows 8) to end the task.

I trust with all my heart that Apple is furiously working on this terribly embarrassing bug in their newly updated iTunes.

Jan 5, 2014 11:32 AM in response to imimesis

"Adding insult to injury, when I click on "Podcasts" in the iTunes menu/sidebar, iTunes just completely freezes"

I'm having the same issues. I thought maybe the enormous size of my podcast library (had it up over 4 thousand...but I rarely delete the shows I like,so...) was making my 5+ yr old desktop system bog down. Then that system kicked the bucket a month ago. Got a new Dell xps system with 12 gb ram, core i7, best (well, only) nvidia graphics card offered for that build, ect... not a budget system, plays new games fine. Also I run all my itunes stuff from a brand new (4 month old, anyway) 4 tb seagate external expansion drive*.

Itunes still grinds to a stop for 2-3 solid minutes when i click the "podcast" tab. It does eventually go to your podcasts, but I've still had various podcasts randomly dissapear from my ipod. Others have duplicates in the list of podcasts on the ipod. Deleting the duplicates sometimes gets rid of all episodes, so I leave 'em...

Itunes also just helpfully deleted years worth of collected podcasts from the external drive they were on, after I spent 30 min dragging and dropping them into a playlist ... thanks apple. It didn't just waste my time and not put them onto my ipod, it deleted the original files! That's quality programming...

I've got my fingers crossed for the

Overcast podcast app...

*Word to the wise, I got the new external drive to replace a WD mybook that failed unexpectedly after less than a year, taking the 16 itunes store purchased audiobooks that had amassed between backups with it. If you're buying an audiobook, do it directly from audible. Then you get free cloud storage of your purchases that is unavailabe from itunes. The audible app is free, anyway, and you'll thank me when your HD dies...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.