Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any app that can dim iPad screen more?

Screen still too bright (fully dimmed) whilst reading in bed.

Any app or trick that can dim it more?

When iPad begins to go to sleep, it will dim just before it powers down, and that dim setting would be perfect for reading in bed!

Please, Apple, make the iPad screen more able to dim to a darker setting.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2014 10:53 AM

If you find the minimum brightness still too bright for night-time reading, Apple has finally added a screen filter in iOS 8. Typically Android offered a way to reduce the minimum brightness via apps when the screen was still too bright for nighttime reading even when set to zero but now you can enable this in iOS:

1. Go to Settings → General → Accessibility → Zoom.
  2. Enable Zoom.
  3. Tap 3 fingers on the screen to bring up zoom options.
  4. Choose filter: low light.
  5. Go back to Settings → General → Accessibility → Zoom and change the zoom region to full screen.
  6. Turn Zoom off.
  7. Go to Settings → General → Accessibility → Accessibility Shortcut and set it to Zoom.

Now when you push your home button 3 times quickly it will dim the entire screen for night-time reading.

I now leave in the low light dim-zoom mode most of the time and adjust brightness in that mode which goes to zero brightness if so desired...I only turn off zoom (low light with a triple click on the home button) when in full sun or need more brightness which is rarely

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2014 10:53 AM in response to NeutrixX

If you find the minimum brightness still too bright for night-time reading, Apple has finally added a screen filter in iOS 8. Typically Android offered a way to reduce the minimum brightness via apps when the screen was still too bright for nighttime reading even when set to zero but now you can enable this in iOS:

1. Go to Settings → General → Accessibility → Zoom.
  2. Enable Zoom.
  3. Tap 3 fingers on the screen to bring up zoom options.
  4. Choose filter: low light.
  5. Go back to Settings → General → Accessibility → Zoom and change the zoom region to full screen.
  6. Turn Zoom off.
  7. Go to Settings → General → Accessibility → Accessibility Shortcut and set it to Zoom.

Now when you push your home button 3 times quickly it will dim the entire screen for night-time reading.

I now leave in the low light dim-zoom mode most of the time and adjust brightness in that mode which goes to zero brightness if so desired...I only turn off zoom (low light with a triple click on the home button) when in full sun or need more brightness which is rarely

Sep 19, 2013 9:33 AM in response to NeutrixX

Third-party apps won't be able to affect the iPad's brightness, it will be down to the brightness setting that you've selected in Settings, or if the app that you are using has its own brightness setting. Depending upon what app that you are using to read (and what you are reading), you may find inverted colours better : Settings > General > Accessibility > Invert Colours 'on' (or you can set a triple-click of the home button to switch between inverted and normal colours via the Accessbility Shortcut option on the Accessibility screen)

If you want to leave feedback for Apple then you can do so here (we are fellow users here on these forums) : http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Feb 5, 2014 6:13 AM in response to NeutrixX

I know what you mean, at night time when you're lying in bed it's just way to bright, it gives me a headache and I'm starting to get really annoyed because the only way you can dim it further is if you jailbreak your device and I'm not doing that :( Apple just don't care about their customers, as long as they're making bucket loads of money nothing else matters

Any app that can dim iPad screen more?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.