Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not want a password to be able to use my phone. How can I turn the password off?

I do not want to sue a password to be able to use my phone. How do I turn ioff the password?

iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 9:28 AM

3 replies

Sep 19, 2013 9:33 AM in response to cprende

You mean a "Passcode"? Settings>General>Passcode Lock...enter your current Passcode...then tap Turn Passcode Off. However, this is not recommended.

Be aware, if you have an Exchange account, the requirement to use a Passcode can be enforced by a profile installed on your phone, & you won't be able to turn such off.

Jun 12, 2014 4:49 PM in response to cprende

As already stated, you may have a profile set up on your phone in conjunction with an email exchange account that is preventing you from accessing your Turn Passcode Off feature. Now you could solve the issue by going to Settings-> General->Profiles and removing the email exchange account profile. Again that is not re commended especially if the email exchange account is through your job. It may be in your employment contract or the Companies Email Terms of Use that having a passcode on your phone (personal or company phone) when accessing your company email from it. So definitely check that out first. One other thing if you don't have an email exchange account set up on your phone but the Turn Passcode Off option isn't available, there may be a profile for the Lock & Wipe feature in your phones profiles which is keeping you from being able to access the feature. I was able to get my Turn Passcode Off option to become available again by removing my Lock & Wipe profile but, I haven't tried turning the Lock & Wipe feature back on yet so idk if it'll require me to set up another password or not once I do that. So again, if the Lock & Wile feature requires you to have a passcode it's not recommended that you turn the feature off using this method either.

HTH

I do not want a password to be able to use my phone. How can I turn the password off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.