Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11.1 crashes when I try to access the app tab when my ipad is connected, HELP!

Before I updated my ipad to iOS 7 yesterday, I was able to access and manage my apps in itunes for my ipad. After I updated my ipad to iOS 7 (if it makes a difference, I updated remotely on the ipad and not through itunes), I went to access my apps a few hours later in itunes and it crashed itunes. I can manage any other tab for my ipad when it is connected to my laptop/itunes: Music, Movies, TV shows, Tones, "on this ipad", etc. If I hit the app tab, itunes crashes and the solution given is to download the most recent version of itunes. I already HAVE the most recent version of itunes which makes the "solution" even more frustrating.

The oddest fact here is that I can STILL access/manage the apps tab in itunes for my iphone after all the itunes/iOS updating, and I updated my iphone the same way as my ipad (via the device and not through itunes). Why it is crashing when I attempt to do this for my ipad?

I have tried close to everything I can think of. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled itunes on my computer. I transferred purchases to itunes, removed apps from my ipad, restored my ipad.... nothing works.

Does anyone have a solution or more ideas? This frustrating. I use the VLC for iOS app and cannot import files into the app without being able to manage the apps when connected to itunes.

Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 7, Laptop is a PC

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 10:01 AM

4 replies

Oct 17, 2013 12:54 PM in response to KAC73

Thank you so so much! I would have never thought to move apps around on my iPad (truth be told the newsstand app is the most useless for me, I wish I could just delete it) and was super happy that iOS 7 allows you finally put that sucker in a file along with the rest of the junk apps I never use.

Solved he issue! I can upload videos to my vlc for iOS player once again!

Itunes 11.1 crashes when I try to access the app tab when my ipad is connected, HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.