Skip navigation

Exchange search IOS 7 not showing present emails

1439 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2013 11:50 AM by LastZion RSS
Tommyboy8132 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 19, 2013 11:31 AM

The exchange search before IOS 7 was never great in that it always left you with a load of unread emails. But it was actually pretty good at shifting

through your mails on the server and returning results as long as you have good signal.

Now though its returning hardly any emails and only ones from 2012 and not recent ones that should show up in a basic name search.

Any ideas any one?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7
  • ross0 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm having weird problems with search results when searching for email messages through my exchange account.  When I search, I see two versions of every email and the emails do not appear in chronological order.

• cocoa24 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 22, 2013 11:06 PM (in response to ross0)

I'm having the same issue as ross0. Duplicate emails, not in chronological order. In addition, in Edit mode, the majority of emails can't be selected with the bubbles on the left (the bubbles don't exist).

• CharlieBeach Calculating status...
    Sep 23, 2013 12:43 PM (in response to Tommyboy8132)

A couple of my users are having the email search issue and it's something they use constantly.  I have tried removing the account from the phone and adding it back, no luck. 

• Txzaza Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Nov 12, 2013 10:03 AM (in response to Tommyboy8132)

I've posted about this issue also, no response from support.  Up until IOS7 the most annoying thing about Exchange email searches was how it frequently would decide to mark some random message as unread, showing that in the new mail bold count... Sometime I could find it and mark read, other times I had to delete the mailbox and re-add it... A nuisance for sure but it didn't impact my business.  NOW the ability to properly search an Exchange folder is broke... I can literally search on a known word in a subject, in the body... and it will not find the email.  I can do the same search in a browser using OWA (Office 365 user) and it finds each email it should... This creates a huge issue as I try to find and respond to emails.  Please fix it.. it's bad enough I'm considering moving off my beloved apple tablet and going Android.  Why Apple seems to feel its necessary to break things that work is beyond me.  

• Jeremy524 Calculating status...

Same problem here and this is a deal breaker.

• LastZion Calculating status...
    Nov 26, 2013 11:50 AM (in response to Txzaza)

Exact same. Multiple people in my company. Driving us mad!!!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.