Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have downloaded iOS 7 but it will not install. I have downloaded it 4 times but it resets in the install phase.

What can I do to help my iPad complete the install?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 11:46 AM

What exactly are you seeing when it "resets"? Is it giving an error? Does it just fail silently and restart? Did you do the update over the air or via iTunes?

= L.I.

3 replies

Sep 19, 2013 12:08 PM in response to Chris in NC

Does your ipad reset to the old ios you've been using? If so, be happy and forget the upading for now.

While millions have probably successfuly downloaded ios 7, there are possibly as many who are encountering significant problems. This is usually the case with these updates. Read through these threads about the problems. People are even getting on here, not to complain, but to issue warnings to people not to update.

The other day when it came out, I texted my sons to tell them not to update and my husband is waiting, too.

So you'll go a little longer with ios 6 or whatever you have. They'll have to issue fixes soon.

Hope this helps.

I have downloaded iOS 7 but it will not install. I have downloaded it 4 times but it resets in the install phase.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.