Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7 visual voicemail greeting cannot be accessed

Just loaded IOS 7 and noticed I can no longer access the 'greeting' from my visual voicemail. No changes can be made as it cannot be accessed and it hangs the phone app.

Phone - > Voicemail -> Greeting (upper left corner)

Have tried restarting the phone as well as calling my voicemail manually (thinking maybe something would be triggered or set) to no avail.

iPhone : 4s with IOS 7

Carrier : Sprint US

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 11:50 AM

12 replies

Sep 25, 2013 12:27 PM in response to AC_Nova

This worked temporarily - I was able to record a new voicemail greeting but then it went and hosed itself again. This is super annoying.

I did, however, go onto AT&T's website, reset my voicemail password and log in manually - to reach AT&T voicemail, press and hold 1 when in the iphone dialer.

I really hope Apple fixes this quickly - while I do expect there to be some glitches and bugs upon the initial launch of an upgrade, it seems to me that the primary function - ie, the phone part, should work flawlessly.

Sep 25, 2013 12:32 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

You're saying the problems with the visual voicemail service is AT&T and not apple? That would be helpful to know for this thread.

That being said, reading the previous posts I'm seeing that this issue is happening with Sprint, Verizon and AT&T (me). I merely mentioned logging into the voicemail system through the phone as a way to get around with the issues in the visual voicemail greeting setting. Seems weird that the issue would lie with all the providers in regards to the recent upgrade and not Apple.

Sep 29, 2013 5:07 PM in response to pongohops

Iphone 4s with Verizon carrier is me. I downloaded all the ios 7 updates and noticed my visual voicemail "was curently unavailable" with option to call in using the keypad with a password, which allowed access to the message. As I had visual voicemail for over a year with the same carrier with no problems, I was suspicious that it was NOT a "carrier" problem for me as discussed in several threads. As it turns out, my cellular data was turned off in the settings. when turned on, the problem was gone.

May 18, 2014 6:02 AM in response to Carol Hippensteel

Thank you Carol H! My carrier is AT&T, suddenly visual voice mail disappeared. Tried voicemail password re-set as suggested elsewhere but the phone then hung on "setting up voicemail." After several hours of searching I ended up here & when I checked MY cellular data it was turned off...turned it back on & problem gone! Voicemail is all back to normal. Thank you Carol!

IOS 7 visual voicemail greeting cannot be accessed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.