Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error in the iphone music app iOS7 with dozens of empty genius playlists

Im getting an error in the iphone music app in iOS7 with dozens of empty genius playlists even tho genius is OFF in my account settings and genius playlists are not selected for syncing with my iphone 5. All apps, iTunes and iOS 7 are updated.

The option to turn off genius under STORE menu is no longer available in the latest version of iTunes 11.1.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:16 PM

9 replies

Sep 21, 2013 1:48 PM in response to EchoManZulu

UPDATE: With extra time to kill while waiting in hospital I elected to try manually deleting all of the nearly 200 YES 200 empty, 'No Content' Genius playlists that appeared no where else except on my phone. This done despite concern that the repetitive procedure and tedious time required might be a full waste if the not-so-Genius playlists somehow auto-magically replicated.

(* Infomercial-style upwards blowing of hair from forehead followed by shrug & voiceover: "There's GOT to be a better way!" )

Thankfully it worked, despite lingering 'text-thumb'-ish cramps. Maybe I can get disability...

😉

If anyone actually discovers that better way please publish. Thanks.

Sep 23, 2013 3:39 PM in response to WarhavenLA

War:

At first I had trouble finding the process for manual deletion also. It's definitely not intuitive as there's no Edit option when viewing the playlist; a real problem in the design of this particular process.

And I apologize for not being more clear. I should have included the steps I did manage to find after some frustrating tap hunting. Oddly the option to Delete is, get this, under Save:

• In the Music app choose the Playlists tab at bottom.
  • Tap to open the irritating, empty Genius playlist you want to delete.
  • Tap Save, top-right. * Also problematic, it takes 2-3 seconds and sometimes another tap to get a response.
  • Tap Delete
  • Tap at bottom to confirm.
  • Rinse, repeat.

We really need a more intuitive process redesign and a way to delete multiple Genius playlists at once. Listening Apple?

Hope this helps.

Sep 23, 2013 3:52 PM in response to gccollett

GCC: Blurg.

We really need a more intuitive process redesign and a way to delete multiple Genius playlists at once. Listening Apple?

I suggest submitting a support ticket to Apple regarding this, esp with 713 empty lists. Try this:

https://getsupport.apple.com/Issues.action

• Choose service Requests & Troubleshooting
  • Click The topic is not listed
  • Follow the prompts

Maybe you'll bring new attention by Apple to this issue. Good luck!

Mar 14, 2014 11:47 AM in response to EchoManZulu

Love your comment:

"Oddly the option to Delete is, get this, under Save:"

LOL!!!!!!!!!

This is just nuts!

Whoever heard of hitting SAVE to DELETE something....Ha Ha Ha!!!

The lunitics are officially running the asylum.....who knows whet they will do next.

Design cars where you need to engage reverse to access drive.

Many thanks this worked for me and I would NEVER have found it without you.

I would NEVER have hit Save to Delete something...And I mean NEVER!

Maybe if I hit Cancel button below this text box, it will save the contents for me..... Unbelievable!!!

Error in the iphone music app iOS7 with dozens of empty genius playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.