Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1 for Windows can recognize neither iPhone and iPad with iOS 7

While my Windows laptop apparently can recognize my iPhone and iPad as usb storages, my iTunes 11.1 can recognize neither of them after upgrading to iOS 7. I guess maybe Windows cannot properly transfer my Apple devices to iTunes after upgrading. What should I do?

iOS 7, iTunes 11.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:29 PM

try this help page /

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

5 replies

Sep 19, 2013 12:40 PM in response to Seeaan

I solved my issue from another discussion. If you have the same problem, try below. Thank you so much, davidsh_seattle!!

davidsh_seattle

I was able to fix it! iTunes can now see my iPhone5.

I followed these instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

And re-installed the "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver".

• Right-click the Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, or Apple iPod entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver from the shortcut menu.
  • Click "Browse my computer for driver software."
  • Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
  • Click the Have Disk button. (If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.)
  • In the "Install from Disk" dialog, click the Browse button.
  • Use this window to navigate to the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  • Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
  • Click OK in the "Install from Disk" dialog.
  • Click Next and finish the driver-installation steps. Open iTunes to verify that the device is recognized properly.

iTunes 11.1 for Windows can recognize neither iPhone and iPad with iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.