Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps crashing on ipod touch..? (4th gen)

I've had this problem for two weeks. I try to open the apps, it looks as if it's going to open, then crashes and the device returns to homescreen. Fair enough, I've had this problem before. All of those times, however, I simply turned the iPod off and back on, or did a hard reset. And the apps worked again. This time, I tried absolutely every idea I could find before finally resorting to a full restore of the iPod. I backed the device up on iTunes, but when I connected this newly restored device to iTunes to retrieve my data, I was told my backup was "corrupt". So basically, all my photos, notes, app data, everything is gone. Granted, that may be my problem, and it's too late now to change that, I continued and installed ONE application. ONE. And can you guess what happens when I try to open this application? (It was twitter, in case you were wondering) So I tapped the app, and what do you know? It crashes. Again. So I do a hard reset twice, turn the iPod off and back on multiple times but twitter still won't open. So basically I deleted everything for no reason. Everything is gone, and my iPod isn't even fixed. It's only four months old, so I really don't understand the problem... Can someone help me, please?

[It's not a virus, and I tried deleting and re-installing the app on iTunes]

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:14 PM

1 reply

Apps crashing on ipod touch..? (4th gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.