Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone with IOS "Trust this computer" keeps popping up

I have upgraded to ios 7 on my iphone, but when I now connect my phone to my car (ipod connectivity) it pops up with the "Trust this computer" box! but disappears quickly and then keeps popping up and disappearing. I don't even have time to click TRUST!!!!

After a couple of tries the car says there was an error and stops trying. What the **** is going on!

If no one knows, maybe you can tell me how to downgrade/restore to ios 7 as without this connectivity I can't listen to my music in the car?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:25 PM

25 replies

Sep 20, 2013 1:23 PM in response to DannyShai

I am having the same issue with my iPad 4, except I get a permission denied error after I hit trust when connecting to iTunes....I have researched and called apple and did tech chat, after I restored my ipad, deleted itunes, restarted everything..still no luck! I was told to finally set an appt to take it to apple store and exchange, you may need to do the same if you stll have a warranty. I belive that because everything is fairly new help on this issue s limited.

Sep 20, 2013 2:39 PM in response to arielj77

Thanks! I will certainly give Apple a call. I have an iPad and also tried to connect this to my car, and get guess me thing.

I have been with Apple using iPad, iPods and iPhones for years but now I am seriously considering defecting!

Surely others are having similar issues and hopefully Apple will act quickly, but my guess is they will not.

Sep 25, 2013 9:13 AM in response to DannyShai

The popup is a result of an issue that was present in previous versions of iOS that allowed a computer with a modded USB cable to bypass security on the device and access the contents. This popup allows you to tell the device whether or not you trust the computer it is connected to.

If your device is constantly showing the trust or don't trust popup then it must be detecting the connection dropping and coming back constantly.

Sep 25, 2013 3:21 PM in response to DannyShai

I finally fixed it! Don't know really how but here goes what I did.

You all agreed that before IOS7, by simply plug usb cable between PC and iphone that was it?!

Updated to IOS7, liked it a little, noticed slowness, but was fairly acceptable. My problem started when I was not able to sync my outlook calendar, contacts, etc. to my phone then I freaked out, because kept having this "do you trust this computer again and again when I clicked Trust.... got me crazy.

Someone told me to use iCloud. Did, but I can check my Iphone contacts on a website! not what I was looking for. Then I downloaded ICloud for windows, so I can sync (another procedure) to my outlook. Ran it, restarted, found that my wlan card was disabled, fixed it, restarted (anxious), when back, checked some changes made in outlook, more folders and buttons, but it seemed to work.

I plugged the usb cable and iphone to my pc and Viola! they synchonized!! via usb cable!!

was it the cable? the icloud installation? the rebooting? don't really know, but it works now...

I was this close to return to IOS6 by doing all those creepy steps, but it is ok now...

Please let know if it work for you guys!!

cheers!

Manny

Oct 2, 2013 3:38 PM in response to DannyShai

Is there any way to turn the dumb request off? I have to charge in my computer and when the battery goes dead after an hour of doing nothing, it will not charge until I say I trust it. Problem with that is I am usually teaching or working only to find my phone did not charge.

Why are we having to be inconvienced for a slight minority of the population who would plug their phone into a computer they should not trust? Do we have to idiot proof everything?

iPhone with IOS "Trust this computer" keeps popping up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.