Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone else having trouble installing iOS 7 on to iPad 2?

Hi, Twice now I have attempted to update to iOS 7 on my iPad 2 but both times it has failed to install, what is happening is its successfully downloading iOS 7 it then begins to verify the update and it then shuts the iPad down to begin installing iOS 7 but once it has finished nothing has happened and its still running iOS 6.1.3. Anybody know a fix/solution or could it be that my poor iPad 2 which will be 2 years old this December be past it best? I hope not as I've never had an issue with it!

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:38 PM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2013 6:41 PM in response to wanderindiana

I was unsuccessful with my first attempt to update to iOS7last night & went to bed in disgust. I tried again this morning & was happy to see the "Update was Successful" message as I headed off to work. I did not have a chanceto explore the changes until tonight & I have found that I cannot log into my Apple account from the iPad (I am writing this on my iMac)- no access to One-to-One, iTunes, etc. When I click the link to "Forgot your Apple ID" or "Forgot your password", I find myself on a site telling me to enable Javascript in my iPad settings (it is already enabled) and, a link to identify the country where I am located(?), which loops me back to the log in page.......It is Groundhog Day!

Apple supports tells me that I, and those having trouble like me, are statisitical anamolies (sp?), & then directed me to scrub the iPad; take it back to its default, factory settings & then install iOS7. My response was that I had much better things to do with my Friday evenings than mess with a faulty product, be it the iPad or the iOS, and that we statisitical anamolies should be compensated for our frustration , as wellas the fact that we bring some of the bugs and flaws of Apple's products to their attention. The current arrangement is that, by ppurchasing Apple's products at a premium price, I am paying the company to let me troubleshoot their products. Seems backwards!

I am done venting my frustration for now.

Is anyone else having trouble installing iOS 7 on to iPad 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.