Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime activated but won't connect after ios 7 update

I make a FaceTime call to another device and it rings.

The other person accepts the call.

The screen message says "connecting..." but it times out after about a minute with connection failed message.

Anyone with a solution to this problem?

Details

The call is from an IPhone 4 to an iPad mini. Both have been updated with ios 7.

Both devices have the same Apple ID but for facetime the iPad uses an email address and the iPhone uses it's phone number.

Both devices are on the same home network when the call is made.

iphone 4, iOS 4, NA

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 1:11 PM

44 replies

Sep 22, 2013 1:26 PM in response to obijimkenobi

I discovered that my ipad mini with the IOS 7 update can facetime with my wife's mini which also has the IOS 7 update.

But when I try it with my iPhone 4 it fails everytime. My iPhone 4 can call the mini and it starts ringing and my wife accepts the call and it says "connecting..." then I get a "facetime failed" message.

I tried resetting my network connections and that did not help.

Sep 25, 2013 9:37 AM in response to iphonemaniac2009

Same facetime connecting issue with all iPhone 4 facetime calls, but worked with MAC to iPad 2 both iOS 7 & over same wifi network - seems to be iPhone 4 specific

Tried but FAILED solutions I read on other posts that worked for other people but not me:

- Turning facetime off and back on with sucessfull activation combined with Soft (turn iPhone off/On) and Hard (Home+Power button hold) restarts

- "Reset Network Seetings" only with restarts

- "Reset All Settings" only with restarts

The only thing so far I have not tried becasue I have too much content to lose is:

- "Reset All Content and Settings" with restarts

If someone has tried "Reset All Content and Settings" on an iPhone 4 please post your result (Failed or Seccessful)

thx

Sep 25, 2013 10:40 PM in response to i777

I tried it i777 and it didn't work. I even restored my phone and nothing.

This seems to be a glitch during the update. I went to a repair shop and was

Told that the only thing they can do is load ios 6 again but because it's not

An iphone 4s it might freeze the phone permanently. If anyone got any results

With something other than what is posted here we would all appreciate the post.

Facetime activated but won't connect after ios 7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.