Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

control center difficult to access

I am having a great deal of trouble accessing the new control center by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on any screen including lock screen. I have verified that in settings - control center, I have access on lock screen & access within apps enabled. I am concerned it is my Griffin Survivor case. I would hate to abandon the case, because it has been a life saver.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 1:48 PM

13 replies

Sep 21, 2013 7:00 AM in response to TSeeker

It would be great if they'd re-implement music controls when you double click the home button. Especially because music controls are the things you need to access immediately (eg. someone starts talking to you while you're listening to music). The other things in control center are useful, but you're never in a position where you need to "immediately" turn off Bluetooth or get to the calculator :P

Sep 23, 2013 10:42 AM in response to FLshirtguy

Yep... add one more to the list. I have NO case on my iPad 3 and control center is incredibly tough to respond. Like other reports, notifications pull down from the top with great ease, but control center is spotty (at best) to swiping up from the bottom of the screen. This holds true in ANY ORIENTATION.

I'd appreciate having the option of double clicking the home button for searching, too. I think in many areas of iOS 7 Apple over thought the simplicity and elegance of useability, making tried-and-true functionality obsolete.

Oct 21, 2013 4:11 PM in response to FLshirtguy

I hate to say it, but the case is what's causing most of your trouble. On my Snugg case, if I pry down the bottom edge of it so I can access the black portion of the screen that is hidden behind it, swiping up if you start in the black area works every time. Hard cases won't let you do this. It still ***** though, because the lip on the case is starting to droop away from the screen.

Appears that someone fell asleep at the design wheel and forgot to leave the "up arrow" in a place that is visible as well accessible. Pretty hard to believe that something so basic yet so important slipped thru the cracks.

Let's see how quickly they fix it.

Feb 21, 2014 7:16 AM in response to FLshirtguy

Some great work arounds listed but the problem still persists for me. Pulling down from the top when the phone is in a fully protected case appears to be easier, the problem for me is still the bottom up swipe. My phone is in a Griffin Survivor case and the bottom up swipe is next to impossible. As a sidebar the Griffin Survivor case has been hands down the best case I have ever had. Bulky initally, but once I got used to it, the case has been a life saver. Big drops from heights, rain, throwing it, biting it because of Flappy Birds, it has withstood everything! Except the swipe up!

control center difficult to access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.