Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios7 locks my phone after 5min-help!

I don't want to "never" lock my phone, nor do I want to lock it after 5 min even if I'm actively using it. Is this a bug, or is this the way it's going to be? If they don't change it, I'm going to "never" lock it. That makes me nervous.

Is there some way to keep it unlocked while I'm using it, or locking it after 10 min or more?

Maybe they are so confident in the new lock capability of making the phone unsaleable, they think nobody's going to steal iPhones anymore? Puhleeese. Arrogance.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 1:53 PM

13 replies

Sep 19, 2013 1:56 PM in response to SantaBarbaraRealtor

Settings > General > Auto-Lock

Clearly, this shouldn't be occuring if you are actively using the phone. If the Auto-Lock feature is not active, try resetting your phone - Press and hold the home button and then press and hold the lock button (top of the phone) for about 10 seconds and once the white Apple logo appears, release the buttons. This will do a soft reset of your phone.

Sep 19, 2013 2:14 PM in response to Lorem Ipsum, Esq.

Yes. Frustrating. I had it set to 10min before, I think, but even after a hour if I was using it, it didn't make me use my password. Maybe 5 min is shorter than I think, and I haven't touched it. Sigh. 5 min is too short. Maybe they're trying to get me to buy the new iphone 5S so I can use my fingerprint. It's almost working.

Sep 19, 2013 2:25 PM in response to SantaBarbaraRealtor

If you created a passcode when you updated the default setting for Requiring the Passcode is Immediately, so anytime you sleep the phone and wake it up it will require the passcode again. Change this in Settings

Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Require Passcode > change from immediately to a longer time.

The max is four hours. As long as you wake up the phone within the set time a passcode will not be required. The next time the phone sleeps starts the timer again.

This is a different setting than the Autolock feature that sleeps your phone after a specified time. I have my phone set to Autolock at 1 minute and Require a Passcode at one hour. During the day I usually do something on my phone at least once an hour so I don't have to enter the passcode. But overnight I exceed the one hour period and a passcode is required in the morning.

Requiring the Passcode immediately is more secure than longer time intervals but it may be too inconvenient for you to have to enter the passcode every time you use the phone.

Ios7 locks my phone after 5min-help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.