Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot open netflix on ipad after downloading ios7

Netflix will not open on ipad after downloading ios7

iPad, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:08 PM

Deltete the Neflix app then re download from the App Store.

20 replies

Sep 23, 2013 9:40 PM in response to bfdowdy

I just got off the phone with Netflix tech support and they offered this fix that worked for me:

You need to enable cookies in the Safari app. Go to Settings, scroll down to Safari and select it, scroll down to "Block Cookies" and select that, choose either "From third parties and advertisers" or "Never". I tried both these settings and Netflix launched fine. I had had "Always" selected and Netflix wouldn't launch, maybe you also have that selected too.

Hope this helps.

Sep 24, 2013 2:04 PM in response to bfdowdy

You have to go to settings, safari, and accept cookies from third parties and advertisers or always accept cookies.. After all day yesterday trying various techniques I stumbled upon the answer when I couldn't open itunes either. Before ios 7 I had my cookie settings in safari to always block cookies and netflix worked fine. After installing ios 7 I couldn't open netflix. I then couldn't open itunes. Once I went to safari in settings and allowed cookies from third paries and advertisers, netflix and itunes opened fine.

Dec 19, 2013 4:35 PM in response to bfdowdy

I GOT IT TO WORK!! I had restricted access on websites in settings > general > restrictions > websites > specific websites only. When I changed back to All Websites, I was able to open Netflix! I signed in, then went back to settings and changed to websites > Limit Adult Content and Netflix still works. Hope this helps!

Dec 26, 2013 5:18 PM in response to EKObie

EDIT: I contacted Netflix via chat and they are aware of this bug and said they are working with Apple to resolve this issue.

Original Post: Thanks EKObie for posting your solution. Your solution has also worked for me. My niece's ipad mini had Website Restrictions set to ""Specific Websites Only" and Netflix would not load. When I changed the restrictions to "Limit Adult Content" Netflix now loads up with no problems. However, I would like Netflix to fix this issue since I would rather have Safari on "Specific Websites Only" on my niece's ipad mini.

If this has helped others like us, I suggest we forward this discussion post to the customer support section of Netflix so that they can fix this with an update. Netflix help link: https://help.netflix.com/help

PS: There is another thread where the solution that worked was to change the Safari cookie settings but this did not work for me. Link to that thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5352156?answerId=23184362022#23184362022

Message was edited by: Chatin

cannot open netflix on ipad after downloading ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.