Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iCloud account under IOS7

Never used the cloud under IOS6, changed my apple ID due to a new e-mail address, upgraded to IOS7, during reboot no option to change the cloud ID, just continue.

Now stuck with an Iphone I can't back-up, or basically do anything with as it's locked by an old clould account linked to a no longer existing e-mail address.... Removal of the Icloud account requires the password for the no longer existing account, linked to a no longer existing e-mail address. Catch-22

HELP!!

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 6:03 PM in response to Nessa H

Nessa,

I had this same problem on my iPad. The genius store told me to call support, support told me to reset the iPad and it locked me out for good. I spoke with a supervisor who told me that there is nothing they could do. He saw the changes on the account and stated that it was clear that it was my account but unless you have "proof of purchase" you are screwed and they treat the old "iCloud" similar to a stolen item. Welcome to apple.

Change iCloud account under IOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.