Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have had a battery case for my iphone 5 about 3 months after the phone come out . Never had a problem with the battery case . But then I did the update to ios 7 . Now it will not let me use . Why why why are you doing this Apple ???????

I have had a battery case for my iphone 5 about 3 months after the phone come out . Never had a problem with the battery case . But then I did the update to ios 7 . Now it will not let me use . Why why why are you doing this Apple ??????? At a time when I need extra power you take this from me

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:18 PM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2013 5:28 PM in response to Tothemaxuk

Tothemaxuk wrote:

Why why why are you doing this Apple ??????? At a time when I need extra power you take this from me

Are you kidding me? What are you, 5 years old?

Updating the iOS has no effect on an external battery source. I have a Mophie and it's working just fine. You probably have lint or some other debris in the docking port of the iPhone.

Sep 23, 2013 4:18 AM in response to Tothemaxuk

I have a PowerGen 8400mAh External Battery Pack that my family and I have used on many occasions to charge the 3 iPhones we have. (2 iPhone 5 and a 4s). I discovered this past weekend after going on a 40 mile bike ride that my trusted battery will no longer work after I updated to iOS 7. I use an Apple lightning cable to connect the battery but get "This accessory may not be supported" message after plugging it in. Why is Apple making many once supported accessories obsolete? This external battery has been a life saver on many occasions. It may be time to make the switch to another smart phone if Apple keeps this up.

I have had a battery case for my iphone 5 about 3 months after the phone come out . Never had a problem with the battery case . But then I did the update to ios 7 . Now it will not let me use . Why why why are you doing this Apple ???????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.