Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why cant MainStage 3 adjust midi volume in my external synths in the same way that MainStage 2 did

I have used MainStage 2 to set up program changes and midi volume changes in my hardware synths ( Motif XS and Triton extreme ) . Since i upgraded to MainStage 3 my volume change messages have stopped working. When i go back to MainStage 2 they work again . Is this due to some programming fault in the new software ?

MainStage, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), 17 inch MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 2:33 PM

3 replies

Nov 17, 2013 7:32 AM in response to John Smith 1988

mm I use the modulator MIDI fx to constantly send the control change I'm looking for, say you wanted your expression CC at 100 then I set up a modulator on my external midi channel, using the LFO to "modulate" 100-100 so it is constantly sending the "100" CC however this makes MS to constantly send that MIDI parameter so further tweaking is not posible, plus you're making your MIDI data transfer busier.

Why cant MainStage 3 adjust midi volume in my external synths in the same way that MainStage 2 did

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.