Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working with one person.

Here is a weird one! Since updating to iOS7 yesterday I cannot send iMessages to my wife! Here are the facts:

- iMessage will not go to wife from my iPhone 4S, they go as SMS even in WIFI.

- They will however send to everyone else!

- She can send iMessages to me from her iPhone 5.

- I can receive iMessages from everyone.

- She can receive iMessages from other people.

- I can send her iMessages from my iPad.

So basically it's just my phone to her phone. Settings are exactly the same on all 3 devices (except different appleIDs for me & her of course), and I have tried resets, sign outs, and reboots!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 3:30 PM

27 replies

Sep 30, 2013 7:17 PM in response to superdan35

This just started happening to me this past weekend on Sept. 29. I've been using the beta since it came out for app testing. I haven't had any issues with iOS7 until this past Sunday. I had the same issue. One person I couldn't text. Then it started working later. Then today, the same thing happened. There was another person I couldn't message. I got their message, but I couldn't send. I could from my computer but that was it.

Nov 9, 2013 8:46 AM in response to superdan35

I got a similar problem about that, my iMessage (especially after send and image to a person through iMessage ) couldn't send to a person. After rebooting of restart the iMessage many time, it becomes normal. However, it will happen again and again!! I was previously using iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.3, the problem starts after upgraded to iOS 7, and now I'm using iPhone 5S with iOS 7.0.3, Same problem occurs! So I'm quite sure it is a firmware bug for the iOS 7 and I strongly request Apple Inc to take it serious and look into the matter. It cause a troubles to me and I really hope the problem should be fixed in the next upgrade.

Jan 18, 2014 7:31 PM in response to BHell2525

Restarting did not help me, either. My friend sent the following page, and resetting my network on my iPhone 5 still hasn't fixed it, but some of you may want to give that a try.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/having-trouble-sending-ios-7-messages-app le-has-a-fix-on-the-way

Also note: I am having this problem with ONE friend. I have verified that she does not have me being blocked. She doesn't use iTunes at all, so I've asked her what IOS version she's running, but I can't believe that is the problem, either.

NOTE2: Another friend of mine CAN iMessage my "ONE friend", I appear to be the only one that can't.

iMessage not working with one person.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.