Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Incorrect iOS 7 battery meter

Hi,

Got an Ipod touch 5Gen and an ipad 4Gen both of them still displaying the same battery charging icon after many hours, is that a bug in the new iOS7?

iPod touch

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 3:44 PM

15 replies

Sep 22, 2013 11:07 PM in response to psikofunkster

Same thing happening on my 4s. When I upgraded my iPhone 4s to iOS7 and was charging mobile, It took a little longer to charge, when I saw the battery indicator it was showing 98% and then I came after 20 mins it was showing the same 98%. Then I unpluged my iPhone then It showed me 100% (correct) but then again I pluged In (again showing 98%), so then I restart my iPhone and It was showing correct battery percentage. And then this problem didnt occur till yet, but another problem occured which is really disturbing me, when I charge my iPhone 4s, It goes fine until it hits 90% but then It take more than an hour to reach 100%. Sometimes It keeps on showing 94% or 96% and I tried to reboot but same thing it was showing. I used app "Battery Doctor" which was predicting estimated time as 1:23min to fully charge, but battery Indicator was on 94%. And then I unplugged it bcz I knew it was fully charged but showing me wrong percentage and did check the Settings>Usage of battery and it was showing 0min since fully charged (which means it was fully charged) otherwise It doesnt show usage time of battery If its not fully charged... I think Apple need to fix this bug along with other bugs in iOS7.

Sep 24, 2013 4:23 AM in response to BurhanKhawaja

I noticed the same problem on my iPhone 4, it was charging for hours until it stopped at 96%. plugging the cable out/in showed that it was at 100%. After a reset it showed 100% in the top bar.

This needs to be fixed indeed with some other bugs...

I can't update apps from the first time, because they magicaly disappear when I open the app store, than I have to close the app from the multitask menu and fire it up again and then it shows my updates. (if i don't get the message 'Can't connect to app store'.

Also everytime I look a my lock screen to see the time, a GPS icon pops up, while I canceled every GPS service ...

Sep 27, 2013 7:10 AM in response to Amdist

Same here!

From 60%-22% in 1 hour. In that hour I called someone for 5 mins and I used Google Maps for 5 mins.

From 21% then to 4% in a few minutes. Without running heavy applications (only whatsapp) or other stuff like localisations. (All other apps were closed, so no multitasking)

After restart: 26%.

Again in a few minutes (aprox 5) .... 6%. Only whatsapp activity.

This should be fixed and is NOT OKAY.

Sep 27, 2013 12:34 PM in response to psikofunkster

I fixed my issue by Re-calibrating my iPhone's battery, it was nothing to do with iOS7... Battery indicator is just a roughly estimate of your battery, thats why Apple recommends you to recalibrate your batteries once a month. Recalibration actually gives more accurate indication of Battery usage. And after many charges it doesnt remain accurate. Some times your mobile turns off on 7% indication and sometimes on more... So these are all signs indicating, your battery need calibration.
Here's how you can recalibrate your battery:

1. Fully discharge your battery until it turns your mobile off.

2. Then recharge it upto 100% without any disruptions.

This will recalibrate your battery... And you will get accurate indication of your battery.

Hopefully, it will fix your problem.

Sep 27, 2013 7:49 PM in response to MvMontfoort

This is also my issue right now with the 4S. I never had a battery issue ever before the upgrade. Now my phone shuts off at anywhere between 4-19 percent. It turns back on and already has 27-34%. I use it for 2 pictures and it goes down to 5%. I can use my phone all day and the percent barely goes down at all. ...or I can barely use my phone and just watch the battery drain down within minutes. ...and the worst thing is it actually powers off.

I've never seen a battery go up and down so much within a couple minutes. ...and other times it just sits above 90% after using it heavy for hours.

I drain my battery and recharge to 100% several times a week.

I'm not sure what's driving the logic here but for me it seems to happen when I open the camera. If I take a picture, it drains sometimes 5% a pic. Most other apps seem to be more stable. ...but just locking and unlocking the screen seems to take 1%. It sporadic though. It's hard to get it to use the same percentage doing the same thing twice.

Incorrect iOS 7 battery meter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.