Previous 1 21 22 23 24 25 Next 590 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2014 11:02 PM by Kosta a1 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    <Edited By Host> on my post above? Why? I didn't get an email for this one. Must be that part in the terms of use that says "Apple reserves the right to delete any Submission, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason." It's kind of saying anything you want to delete or edit for any reason at all, you will. It's like the agreement we agreed to when we updated our iphone 4s's to iOS 7. Apple will do whatever they want whether it is right or wrong.

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I guess it could be worse. We could have a iphone 5

     

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4322714?tstart=0

  • Trent Baur Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    vaportrails2002 wrote:

     

    I guess it could be worse. We could have a iphone 5

     

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4322714?tstart=0

     

    Wow, that thread dwarfs these 4s threads and it was started much more recently.

     

    And I have an iPhone5!!!! <sigh>

     

    I've had zero issues with my wifi, though. (As far as I know.) I'll be keeping an eye on things now.

  • Trent Baur Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    vaportrails2002 wrote:

     

    <Edited By Host> on my post above? Why? I didn't get an email for this one. Must be that part in the terms of use that says "Apple reserves the right to delete any Submission, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason." It's kind of saying anything you want to delete or edit for any reason at all, you will. It's like the agreement we agreed to when we updated our iphone 4s's to iOS 7. Apple will do whatever they want whether it is right or wrong.

     

    I read your post before it was deleted and to be fair, it was a little excessive. Mr Marine has been a royal pain, I agree, but I think you nudged over the line a bit.

     

    Having said that, I probably would have "Liked" the post if it hadn't been deleted.

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Trent Baur wrote:

     

    vaportrails2002 wrote:

     

    <Edited By Host> on my post above? Why? I didn't get an email for this one. Must be that part in the terms of use that says "Apple reserves the right to delete any Submission, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason." It's kind of saying anything you want to delete or edit for any reason at all, you will. It's like the agreement we agreed to when we updated our iphone 4s's to iOS 7. Apple will do whatever they want whether it is right or wrong.

     

    I read your post before it was deleted and to be fair, it was a little excessive. Mr Marine has been a royal pain, I agree, but I think you nudged over the line a bit.

     

    Having said that, I probably would have "Liked" the post if it hadn't been deleted.

     

    Yeah, I picked on him a bit, but who doesn't... I took all that out, but they still took out the part about how I contacted my attourney general. I have seen it in other threads here, I guess they just like to pick on me

  • Drift89 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    While I was go back home, I put my iPhone through the hot air coming from my car.

    On my Seat Ibiza I've bluetooth. I've wait about 30 minutes at 35 - 40°C. Suddenly the bluetooth of my car makes a sound, that means that it has found an associated device. Bluetooth on my iPhone starts to work, but the temperature warning can't make me use iPhone.

    So I've switched off the phone and I put it outside the car (about 2°C) for 5-10 minutes (my hand was too cold to stay outside more).

     

    I switched on the device and bluetooth on my car make the association sound again. Good!

    Bluetooth was ok, WiFi was ok (I can switch it on and off with the famous toggle).

    In Settings - General - Info I can read my WiFi and Bluetooth MAC ADDRESS. Good!

     

    I try also to connect the phone to my home's wifi. No problem and it's also very fast.

     

    I make this yesterday, at 17:00 - 18:00.

     

    I've switched off the phone all night long. This morning I switched it on and the WiFi was OK and also Bluetooth.

     

    Until now it works...

     

    In the past I already try the hot air way, but without the warning message appeared and WiFi worked for a couple of minutes.

     

    This time the message appeared and WiFi still works until now.

     

    I really can't figure out the main reason...

     

    P.S.

    It's impossible that the reason is an "overheating of WiFi chip", because if I heat it up it starts to work... So is an hardware problem, due to a bad contact of some component inside!

  • Butterfly-Love Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Zzzz  same problem.

     

    occurred yesterday.

     

    I tried to reset network/reset all setting.. it works 20% of the time, giving me 1 hour of wifi each time.

     

    Then the wifi is still out ..

     

    Gee.. T__T

  • ila0804 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Bah, Apple keep deleting messages.

     

    And i would add: all messages against A CERTAIN user...I think he's from Apple

     

    Adieu, it is a useless forum

     

    <Edited By Host>

  • Manx Mariner Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Same thing here. I have tried all the suggestions. I can get WIFI back by resetting the phone. Works for awhile and then turns off. Also, having a problem where the phone won't wake up. I have to reset the phone to get to work.

  • TJBUSMC1973 Level 5 Level 5 (7,310 points)

    ila0804 wrote:

     

    Bah, Apple keep deleting messages.

     

    And i would add: all messages against A CERTAIN user...I think he's from Apple

     

    Adieu, it is a useless forum

     

    <Edited By Host>

     

    It's amazing how if anyone disagrees with your opinion, you assume they must have an agenda.

     

    "Oh, this guy disagrees with me, and I'm upset at Apple, so he must be from Apple!"

     

    No.  I don't represent Apple.  The only people on this forum that do will have very clear designations.  They will have 'Community Specialist' under their name, like: https://discussions.apple.com/people/sterling%20r

     

    Sterling represents Apple.  I do not.

     

    I've explained my position very well.  It doesn't matter if it's Apple.  It could be Sony, Microsoft, Ford, etcetera.  My stance would be the same.

     

    The issue at hand is the terms & conditions of the warranty and the iOS. 

    You didn't read or understand the Terms & Conditions in question, or you chose to ignore them.  But now, you want a different deal.

     

    Not going to happen... unless you have a very, very strong case, or you can tactfully persuade Apple to accomodate you.

  • TJBUSMC1973 Level 5 Level 5 (7,310 points)

    vaportrails2002 wrote:

     

    <Edited By Host> on my post above? Why? I didn't get an email for this one. Must be that part in the terms of use that says "Apple reserves the right to delete any Submission, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason." It's kind of saying anything you want to delete or edit for any reason at all, you will. It's like the agreement we agreed to when we updated our iphone 4s's to iOS 7. Apple will do whatever they want whether it is right or wrong.

     

    And you chose to agree to that.  That's the point.  Why did you agree to it in the past, but now want to change the deal?

     

    Will you ever admit, at the least, that you agreed to something, and now regret that decision?

     

    You don't like following rules that you agree to follow, do you?  Is it just lip service?  "Yeah,okay, whatever, I'll agree to the terms, and then do whatever I want!"?

     

    On a side note, as far as 'pciking on me'?  LOL.  Please, continue. It's amusing, and that's all. 

  • ila0804 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    TJBUSMC1973 wrote:

     

    ila0804 wrote:

     

    Bah, Apple keep deleting messages.

     

    And i would add: all messages against A CERTAIN user...I think he's from Apple

     

    Adieu, it is a useless forum

     

    <Edited By Host>

     

    It's amazing how if anyone disagrees with your opinion, you assume they must have an agenda.

     

    "Oh, this guy disagrees with me, and I'm upset at Apple, so he must be from Apple!"

     

    No.  I don't represent Apple.  The only people on this forum that do will have very clear designations.  They will have 'Community Specialist' under their name, like: https://discussions.apple.com/people/sterling%20r

     

    Sterling represents Apple.  I do not.

     

    I've explained my position very well.  It doesn't matter if it's Apple.  It could be Sony, Microsoft, Ford, etcetera.  My stance would be the same.

     

    The issue at hand is the terms & conditions of the warranty and the iOS. 

    You didn't read or understand the Terms & Conditions in question, or you chose to ignore them.  But now, you want a different deal.

     

    Not going to happen... unless you have a very, very strong case, or you can tactfully persuade Apple to accomodate you.

    BS

  • iiisis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    As consumers, many of us need to disabuse ourselves of the notion that a warranty offers us any assurances as to what our rights are. Indeed, most "express" warranties seek to limit a manufacturer's liability, but under tort law, a consumer may still seek to redress any grievance. I will come to this latter point in a moment, but first, consider the following:

    "Popular belief to the contrary, warranties are not designed to protect the customer; rather, they serve to limit the manufacturer's or dealer's liability. Particularly is this true of 'express' warranties (warranties that are express or specific in their coverages)... No such warranty is any kind of guarantee of customer satisfaction. Without an express warranty, there may exist what courts have held to be an 'implied' warranty, much broader in its coverage. Thus, it is very much to the interest of automobile -and other- manufacturers to spell out just what they will allow themselves to be held accountable for. That is why a warranty will almost always include a statement to the effect that it stands in place of any other guarantee of any kind, 'stated or implied.' "

    Now, as for this implied warranty, even if you have "agreed" to a warranty because you have used a product (which are essentially the terms of Apple's hardware warranty for the iPhone 4s) you may still have other protections under law (depending on the state).

    For example: "the implied warranty of merchantability amounts to an assurance, imposed upon the seller by law and not arising out of any agreement between the parties, that a product is fit for ordinary purposes for which such goods are intended. It is based upon the policy of incorporating into every sale of goods a quid pro quo; a product of fair quality in exchange for a fair price paid.”

    ...the implied warranty of merchantability is not breached unless the product is inadequate or unsafe when used for an “ordinary purpose.” Generally, this means an intended or reasonably foreseeable use of the product. The plaintiff must prove that he made proper use of the product, that he exercised due care for his own safety, that he was not aware of the defect and that he did not mishandle the product. ...Hence, unless the good is defective in some way, it is fit for its ordinary purposes."

    Therefore, this idea that a warranty is the Bible on what our rights are as consumers is complete hokum. It would obviously be the maximum benefit to most people experiencing this issue, if Apple were to recognize the issue and understand that it is a matter that potentially lies outside the express warranty -though to put this to test might require the will (of some or many) to put the matter to litigation.  So let's stop being so condscending to people who are whinning about a broken product that isn't covered under a manufacturer's warranty, for that is precisely the reason why we should all be outraged.  Why should we be happy that a "high end" product, such as the iPhone 4s, has failed to meet our expectations when used for its intended purpose, all after we had "UPGRADED" to a version of software that was expressly stated as being compatible with the line of iOS products for which it has been made available? 

  • iiisis Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Furthermore, as you have indicated, you are not a representative of Apple, nor are you a moderator of this forum. If people want to come to this forum and air their complaints on this issue, what difference does it make to you? As someone who isn't the moderator of this forum, perhaps you should take your own advice and withhold your complaints (about people complaining -quite ironic, if you ask me). If you were here to offer assistance to people experiencing "technical issues," or to offer "technical support," perhaps that's all that you should do. After all, if you truly didn't want to contribute to the whinning and complaining, you wouldn't be doing so yourself. People have as much a right to assemble their thoughts and opinions here, despite whatever your belief might be on the issue, that is, unless Apple decides otherwise. If you don't like what people are saying about this issue, understand that you're not going to be able to stop people from continuing to air their frustration, just as any one isn't able to forcibly silence your voice. Maybe we all need to agree to disagree and move on. Until then, thanks for providing us with counterpoints to the issue we hold in contention.

  • vaportrails2002 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

     

    And guess what happens when you Google "apple ios 7 wifi 4s" (with quotation marks)?  You get ONE result, that leads back to this thread.

     

    If you're going to use Google to support your argument, then use it properly.

    ah maybe because no one types in their problem with the exact quote above. Who types online describing their problem with the quote "apple ios 7 wifi 4s". Please use it in a sentence please with the quote " ".

Previous 1 21 22 23 24 25 Next