Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hidden apps now appear in iOS 7. How can you re-hide them ?

Hello,

If you hide new purchases made after the iOS 7 update, they still show under your "purchased" apps in app store.

Bug or solution available ?

Thanks,

iOS 7, hide apps store

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 3:34 PM

24 replies

Sep 24, 2013 6:40 AM in response to mdonoho

Hello, found the solution to the issue:

1. ON YOUR DEVICE (iphone):

a. Go in the App Store

b. Press "Featured" app at the bottom of the screen and scroll all the way down. You'll se your Apple ID.

c. Click on it and do SIGN OUT.

d. Close all apps on the device.

e. Reboot the device.

2. On your PC:

a. Go in your account in itune and make sure under Purchased Apps that the apps you want hidden are in fact hidden.

b. Logout of your account and close itune.

c. Plug in the device to your PC and itune will reopen. Sync the phone.

Voila, worked for me.

Sep 24, 2013 9:59 AM in response to adeclose

Hi, in my case they have not reappeared on my iPad 3.

What I would recommend is to follow the steps in reverse order, first step 2 then 1.

Also, just signing out and back in does not work. You have to sign out from your account and reboot the device (hold menu bottom and standby bottom at the same time until it switch off).

Then sign in to your account and check the purchased list.

Hope that it works for you too.

Cheers,

Sep 24, 2013 10:31 AM in response to noidea001

They did not returned after signing in. I also did a hard reboot (holding stanby and menu button at the same time until unit shut down).

Bottom line is to logout of everything PC and device and clear all memory before retuning to do a sync and login.

Oct 10, 2013 7:55 AM in response to Community User

I did what rpearsonmtl suggests. For some reason that got me the following problem: After turning iPad back on, it did no longer recognize any of my purchased apps and music (but even if they showed as not purchased trying to purchase them would lead me to a message telling me i did have purchase them), after trying many things (to solve this new problem, not the one rpearsonmtl posted about) what worked was to close all apps, log off the app store, reboot the ipad, and loggin back into it (basically i took his advice again to solve my new problem).

Now, to solve the problem rpearsonmtl posted about what i did (but this time on an iPhone) was to simply close all apps, log off the app store and loggin back into it. No reboot needed apparently and maybe this also saved me from getting into the new problem i found myself into.

I hope this helps anyone who runs into the new problem. By the way, the solution found in my second paragraph also solved the problem of hidden music showing on my music app. My devices are an iPhone 5 and iPad mini, both with iOS 7.

Oct 25, 2013 3:55 PM in response to Community User

Figured it out for iOS7 devices. Hide the unwanted apps in iTunes on your Mac or PC as described. Then go to your iOS7 device. Go to settings and iTunes & Apps Store. Click on your Apple ID, which will bring up a menu. Click on Sign Out. Leave settings and reopen App Store app on your iOS7 device. Go to your purchase history, which will now be blank. Click on Sign In and reenter your information.

All the apps that were persistent although you hid them are now GONE! No need to reboot the device. This worked for my iPhone and iPad.

hidden apps now appear in iOS 7. How can you re-hide them ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.