Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11.1 does not see my ipod touch 4g

I updated to iTunes 11.1 today, and now iTunes does not recognize my iPod Touch 4G.

I have gone through the troubleshooting guide in Apple Support, tried multiple USB cables, uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes multiple times, and still no luck.

Windows 8 does see the Touch in the Computer window, so it appears the drivers and services are set up correctly. It just doesn't appear in iTunes at all, so I can't sync.

Kim

iPod touch (4th generation), Windows 8, Acer Aspire, Windows 8 64-bit

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 4:32 PM

9 replies

Sep 19, 2013 4:35 PM in response to Kiminy

Did you do everything here:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Including

Removing and reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista or Windows 7

(not clear yuu followed these instructions)

New cable and different USB port?

Runs this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

Sep 19, 2013 4:51 PM in response to Kiminy

I was able to fix it! iTunes can now see my iPhone5.

I followed these instructions:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

And re-installed the "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver".

• Right-click the Apple iPhone, Apple iPad, or Apple iPod entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver from the shortcut menu.
  • Click "Browse my computer for driver software."
  • Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
  • Click the Have Disk button. (If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.)
  • In the "Install from Disk" dialog, click the Browse button.
  • Use this window to navigate to the following folder:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  • Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
  • Click OK in the "Install from Disk" dialog.
  • Click Next and finish the driver-installation steps. Open iTunes to verify that the device is recognized properly.

May 7, 2015 4:12 PM in response to big10dada

This helped me out (whew). Okay, I have an Ipod touch 5th gen with the latest Itunes update 12.1.2.27. I went thru the steps, to update the mobile driver. this didn't help. I checked the link (listed after ...follow these instructions) and found the problem to be my HTC cell phone driver/software. Uninstalled cell phone driver/software and TA - DA! I can see and manage my Ipod touch in tunes. Thanks fellow geeks (that includes Tech Support)! Mad props to you all!

🙂

itunes 11.1 does not see my ipod touch 4g

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.