Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting songs in iTunes library to MP3 format

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that I used to be able to convert songs in my iTunes library to the MP3 format using only iTunes. If this can be done, how do you do it?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 6:16 PM

Go to iTunes Preferences/General/Import Settings. Set to MP3 Encoder.

Then select the songs you want to covert to MP3 > Right Click > Create MP3 Version.

5 replies

Sep 19, 2013 6:59 PM in response to Niku

I finally got that to work, but I'm wondering if the process has been changed. It seems to me that it used to be a lot easier and, to use a commonly misused term, more intuitive. Who would know that you have to follow procedures for inporting from a CD to change songs already in the iTunes library? Well, anyway, by following your instructions, I was finally do it, so thanks.

I don't know why that sometimes happens. but I had intended to say that you had SOLVED the problem, not that you HELPED.

Jun 13, 2014 10:55 AM in response to Niku

If I'm not late, I found it !
I posted the question, and I have the answer!

These wma files play QuickTime
So as soon as they are playing, save them say in a Quick time folder
Then right click that file
An otion will be given to *****

Go for the mp3 file. It then opens an internal converter
Drag the file there and Presto
It converts.

Please make sure you have the latest iTunes and Quicktime software update.

Best wishes

<Edited by Host>

Jun 14, 2014 7:43 AM in response to Niku

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format -http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1550 - including information about different formats and discussion about compression.

In iTunes11: File > Create New Version

In iTunes 11 "Create..." is in the File menu, not the Advanced menu.

Topic: Need to convert to mp3 - Chris's post on converting songs -https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3890527?start=15&tstart=0

Converting songs in iTunes library to MP3 format

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.