Previous 1 2 Next 22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2014 8:32 PM by paulafmvtc Branched to a new discussion.
bradkim21 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I was excited about getting ios 7, then when it finished downloading my sound was all scratchy, i had tried different headphones and the speakers everything was scratchy. Then i restored my backup i made before updating and it was all fixed. Then Imessage and Facetime wouldnt work so i reset my network connection to fix it and my sound was screwed up again. I am the only one at my school having this problem, it is so glitched and annimations are slow, please fix ASAP, any suggestions.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7, I tried all kinds of headphones
  • Philly_Phan Level 6 Level 6 (12,120 points)

I don't believe that your problem has anything to do with IOS-7.

First, try a system reset.  It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo.  Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears.  You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore.  Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset.  It could take well over an hour!  Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync.  From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab.  Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup.  You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod.  Again, say "yes."

At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod.  As before, say "yes."  Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time.  If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device.  Corrective action is simple -  choose manual "Sync" from the bottom right of iTunes.

If you're unable to do the Restore, go into Recovery Mode per the instructions here.

• bradkim21 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Ok ive restored my iPad and it fixed iMessage. After further investigation I discovered that it only screws up the sound in the left earbud. I tried different headphones and i tried these headphones on my dads iOS 6 iPad and it worked. So in conclusion it only messed up the left headphone which is strange...

Has your iPad ever been jailbroke?

I have never jailbroke, and im positive it was ios 7 ive had no problems until i updated to ios 7. Thx for your help, but when i reset none of my sound worked. I think if its not patched im taking my ipad back, ive had it for a year with no problems and in a surviver all of its life.

• wanderindiana Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have noticed today that I am only getting a partial "whoosh" when I send mail after loading iOS 7. That, and I have had delays sending/receiving mail today, up to 45 minutes. Not to mention keyboard lag (fails to recognize first 2 or 3 keystrokes when I first start to type).

I wonder if the sound lag and the keyboard lag are related?

• golfs2000 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My iPad 4 has sound only right speaker via headphone jack after upgrade to iOS7.

(this iPad just 2 months and never jailbreak).

Watch how they censor and delete posts that are just meant to be informative.

Terrible.

Those are not the posts that are deleted.

Why don't you just ban me from the boards and be done with it? Then I'll go find a good tech blog and write all about it...

With the screen shots to prove my point, too.

Hmm glad Im not the only one, if I figure out a fix then ill post it here. The good thing is the more people means the more apple will notice it. Hoping its fixed soon!

• Johnathan Burger Level 6 Level 6 (15,450 points)

Why wait?

Just leave and write about it where no one will read it or care.

• Halfmoonh4 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

What was wrong with the old UI?  

I wish they'd left the old icons alone.  Changing icon colors and make things look cartoon like isn't an upgrade.    White lettering with no drop shadow is disasterous.    I have a beautiful beach picture background with clouds...   I can't read the text on anything in the cloud (white background).....   If you really want to mess with somebody, make their background WHITE.  

Can somebody tell me how to restore back to iOS 6 ??

Hey i found a fix! The glitch has to do with mono audio. Go into general, the accessibilities and make sure mono audio is off. I set it on when i was messing with settings a few days ago. Glad its not bad but some people do use mono audio soo...

Previous 1 2 Next