I agree jeffjohn, my iPhone 5s works perfectly with my JVC stereo in my personal car but I have issues with the stereo in my rav4 stereo being staticy and not connecting at all at times. The JVC had a firmware update that I installed with a USB drive and no issues. The problem is that the toyota is leased through work and I cannot contact toyota about it. I also cannot find a firmware update for the rav4 stereo online so I am not able to connect. Another thing that lends credence to the stereo being the issue in most cases is that my work phone has the same trouble with the rav4 stereo and also works fine on the JVC stereo. Too many people are ready to jump on apple to fix their problems, which I also have plenty, but not accepting the fact that it may just be a firmware update necessary on ther stereos. I use my 5s on several bluetooth speakers in my house so it definitely is not solely an apple issue.
Upgraded to IOS 7.04. Deleted the 'old' phone in my car settings (Volvo V60 2013). Re-connected and everything works fine. Phone calls through bluetooth. Music starts playing iPhone media via bluetooth. Forward pause and rewind from my steering wheel controls. Nothing to worry about. I guess it works after all.
I believe I was able to resolve the issue. I went into (Mercedes Command System) System Settings and selected the 'Rest' button. This wipes everything clean from your Command System. Since I have did this and re-paired the phone, I have had no problems for 15 min of driving thus far. I will know more as I go home from work this evening. However, I am pretty confident that this worked since it would restart almost within seconds previously.
I have heard many people try many things, and no one seems to have a compleate story where they have tried everything and the problem still persists so here is my story with bluetooth…
- I have an iphone 5, upgraded to ios 7 with no problems under ios 6
- My wife has the same phone & upgraded with the same path as me without any problems.
I find that my bluetooth crashes frequently. The symptoms for my situation include:
- bluetooth disconnecting from any type of bluetooth device tested
- Car (3 different tested)
- Fitness tracker (2 tested)
- Wireless speaker (1 tested)
- hands free devices (3 tested)
- The control center may show bluetooth on or off, and you can toggle the setting in the control center, but that does not result in any changes.
- The bluetooth icon in the top right of the screen dissapears.
- In the settings under bluetooth it just has a spinning wheel and will not sisplay on or off.
- Restart phone - this rarely fixes the problem
- Wait - sometimes waiting can work but I need to wait for 1-2 hours. Then bluetooth will crash again.
- Reboot by holding both buttons - this will geneerally work, but only for a short time before the problem returns after 10-15 min.
- Reset all settings - no effect
- Erase all data and reset - no effect
- Rename phone - ne effect
- Putting phone into airplane mode and back - sometimes works, but problem returns
- Putting into airplane mode then resetting settings - no effect
- Backing up phone and retore - no effect
- Upgraded to 7.0.1, .2, .3, .4 - no effect
I am hoping that this is a fix that can be repaired in 7.1 as I live 5 hours away from the closest Apple store…
I have an iPhone 5 with IOS7. I had a problem with Bluetooth in my BMW. My phone book would be displayed, I could launch the dialing but I could not hear through the car's speakers.
Here's a solution that worked for me:
I turned off Bluetooth on the iPhone and then deleted it from the paired phones. I reactivated Bluetooth and paired/connected the iPhone again as if it were a new phone.
Everything works fine now.
It may be that the BMW recognizes the iPhone with the new OS enough to list it in details but not enough to make it fully functional.
I tried all the suggestions posted her on this forum.
Nothing works .The problem for Apple is some bluetooth receivers work and
some don't after the ios7 update Both my wife's iphone 5 and mine work in my car but not in hers.
Both worked in her car until ios7 .
Yes we reset network setting ,all settings ,set up phone a new, delated all pairings ,completely
reset the Pionner receiver to factory condition,etc.etc.etc.etc. Sometimes a hard reset of the phone
will bring back bluetooth functionality but it never lasts. The next day it won't work. Crazy.
Fix the bluetoooth,probably a microphone bug too Apple.
I'm not going out and paying 500 bucks for a new bluetooth receiver!
Additionally, its the law to make hands free phone calls in my state. My wife cannot receive business
calls in her car anymore. Pathetic.
My bluetooth works with the phone in the car but since the upgrade to IOS7, the phone does not connect with my heart rate reader that I use as I bike. I thought the sensor was broken and I bought a new device. It just arrived today and I immediately tried it on. Guess what: the bluetooth does not connect with the new device either!. The phone is constantly searching for devices thus running down the batteries. I tried all sorts of workarounds I found here and in other sites. Nothing works. I spent over 120 bucks in heart rate readers for nothing! I am so disappointed with Apple. This is so frustrating!
But don't tell me Apple that it's a problem with my Bluetooth receiver
when it worked fine until ios7
And please don't make us go through the dog and pony show at the Apple Store
like we did by hooking up our phone to a Bluetooth speaker and showing that is works there.
We all know it works for some devices and not others