Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my contacts are gone

my ipod 3rd generation has some how deleted my contacts. I went to bed wih them there and the next day i opened up my conatacts app and there was nothing there. Has any one figured out the problem. I later entered new contact info in my ipod and that night when i sinced it to my mac book pro it deleted that new info and installed all the contacts that were on my computer. Even though I did not check the box that says to replace my ipod info with info from my computer. Its very frusturating when I really need to call a customer and my contacts are just gone. please help.

Thanks

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1, Ipod Generation 3 32G

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 5:34 PM

4 replies

Sep 19, 2013 7:34 PM in response to lllaass

restoring from backup would restore what i had backed up but what would cause the ipod to delete all the contacts, i have had that happen to me a few times. I did restore from back up but that did not help me with the contacts that i had entered between back ups, which was a few weeks. would sincing with icloud keep my contacts intact. I would like to prevent losing new information from getting lost. I back up to my mac. any info that i could implement to keep this from happening would be Great!!

Thanks

my contacts are gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.