Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After IOS7 bluetooth won't pair

After I updated to IOS7 my iPhone4 will not pair or even find my Plantronics Discovery 975. I tried hard power reset, reset Network settings, turning Bluetooth on and off on device and phone and nothing.

Tho device worked perfectly before the update!

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 5:39 PM

15 replies

Sep 20, 2013 8:57 AM in response to Sparkle852

Problem pairing headset after upgrade to IOS 7 ?

I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro and was having similar issues after upgrading to IOS7.

This is what I did... See if it helps you...

1. I went to Settings in iPhone and turned "off" bluetooth option

2. Then I turned off my bluetooth headset

3. I went to Settings again in iPhone and turn "on" the bluetooth option so that it goes to searching mode

4. Turned on my headset.

5. Viola! It showed my Voyager Pro, but when I clicked on it to connect, it failed.

6. I tapped on the '(i)' next to my bluetooth device within the bluetooth setting on iPhone and did a 'Forget this Device'. I also turned off my Voyager at this point.

7. Then I turned on the headset until I saw the blue light; and continued to hold down the on/off (power) switch until the blue/red light started flashing. (hard reset)

8. My iPhone again discovered my Voyager and I tapped on it to connect.

9. Yippe! all set... 🙂

Basically, holding down the power button on the headset did a hard reset, and starts a search for a new device or new software, in this case it was iOS7. Otherwise the poor headset was searching for its old buddy (iPhone with IOS6).

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2013 2:41 AM in response to vib1

worked for me as well.

Simplified steps:

1. Go to iPhone bluetooth settings

2. Tap on the '(i)' next to PLANTRONICS PRO and tap 'Forget this Device'.

3. Hold down the on/off (power) switch on the PLANTRONICS PRO until the blue/red light flashes. (hard reset)

4. After few seconds iPhone will again discover PLANTRONICS PRO - tap to connect.

Oct 16, 2013 4:09 PM in response to Sparkle852

I recently upgraded from iPhone 4 on iOS7 to iPhone 5s on iOS7. Before with iPhone 4, no problems with using bluetooth in my 2012 Subaru Forester (head unit model CP625U1), and it would pair automatically whenever I got into my car and started it. Now with the iPhone 5s on iOS7.0.2, it does not pair automatically anymore and I have to manually select the iPhone by pushing a bunch of buttons on the head unit whenever I start my car. Also, I have experienced the same loss of functionality of the bluetooth steering wheel controls on occasion that have been reported in this post. I have been able to fix it using the 'reset network settings' and reboot suggestions, but after a few days the issue shows up again and I have to forget the Subaru's bluetooth settings on the iPhone 5s, delete the phone from the Subaru's stereo, reset network settings, reboot, and re-pair the two again to get it working again.

Apple, please fix the bluetooth functionality in iOS7 and on the iPhone 5s so it 'just works' (or at least works like it did back on my old iPhone 4 and would automatically pair with my car stereo when I started it up). Thank you.

Bluetooth technology on new iPhones should be backward-compatible so that older head units will work (though I really wouldn't consider a 2012 bluetooth stereo to be 'older' technology).

Dec 6, 2013 8:46 AM in response to Sparkle852

I have this problem with my Plantronics Calisto (a new device) AND my GM car (a previously connected and operational device). The solution posted dosn't work for me because the phone never gets to the point of showing an ℹ symbol. It shows the device to be paired, but can't go any further - the wheel of waiting just spins until the phone times out.

I have no access to the list of previously paired devices.

Message was edited by: Dave Clark Consulting

Feb 26, 2014 11:49 AM in response to Sparkle852

I have a similar problem but with my TomTom Handsfree. After doing the off bluetooth and off TomTom and then on bluetooth and on TomTom the iPhone sees the TomTom but says not paired. When I tap the TomTom on my phone it searches and tells me that i should make sure TomTom is on and in range. Well if range proximity is closer as the phone is in the cradle I have yet to see it.

How do i get these two to pair?

After IOS7 bluetooth won't pair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.