Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my Iphone5 to iOS 7, iPhoto does not connect to iPhone as camera

so I cannot sync my photos. What can be the problem? Image capture does not connect to iPhone as camera, too.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iPhone 5 iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 6:05 PM

24 replies

Sep 25, 2013 7:28 AM in response to kiriax3

I manually back up my photos from my iPhone 5 (now running iOS 7) using Image Capture on my Mac running Lion. When I connected the iPhone after upgrading to iOS 7 and launched Image Capture, the device showed in Image Capture. But there were no photos. There was an alert on my iPhone to trust this computer. I did that, but still no photos.

I had to restart the iPhone. Then my photos appeared in Image Capture as they had before the upgrade.

Thank you to the person below who suggested a restart of the iPhone.

Sep 30, 2013 3:07 PM in response to BethInPA

OS X 10.8.5, iTunes 11.1, iPhoto 8.1.2. iPhone 4, updated to IOS7... phone asked if could trust this computer and I said yes. No matter, neither Itunes nor Iphoto will see the phone, show the icon, allow access to images or music. Sad. I REALLY should have learned my lesson and NEVER updated my phone's OS until absolutely forced to. Never again will I be an early adopter for APPLE.

After updating my Iphone5 to iOS 7, iPhoto does not connect to iPhone as camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.