Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone make airdrop work?

Airdrop simply will not work. Suggestions?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 6:20 PM

7 replies

Jan 17, 2015 9:44 AM in response to Utterly Frustrated

I have had trouble with our two iPhone 5's and the iPad. Usually it takes about 10 minutes to connect. Sometimes, if I go back and touch the airdrop button again, it takes a little less. (See me tap-tap TAPPING the Airdrop button in frustration!)

We used to have an app called Bump, that worked great for simple stuff like pictures and contacts, but they shut it down. I think they sold the algorithms (or whatever the technology was) to Google, if I'm not mistaken. I wish they would put it back up. It never failed. And it was free.

Usually, if time is an issue, I just message over my photos, but then I have to take the extra step to save them to my camera roll. From one phone to another, we use What's App, but the iPad is not compatible with What's App, and that is where I usually need to get them for editing, and what-not. I have tried the work-around, and had it working for five minutes, until I used it on my phone, then, it didn't work anymore. I haven't had a chance to try to re-figure out the work-around, and see where I went wrong.

Hey Apple! Fix Airdrop!!

Apr 20, 2015 10:42 AM in response to Cowgirl with an iphone

Just recently, airdrop started working, out of the blue.

I was trying to think back to what may have affected this, and the only thing I can think of, that we recently did was adjust the format of the phone #s in the iPhone's and the iPad.

It makes sense. AirDrop is looking for viable contacts.

Now, an airdrop contact will pop up in about 10 seconds or less.

Good luck with this, anyone else who is having this problem. I hope this works for you too

Can anyone make airdrop work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.