Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get ZAGG keyboard to work after downloading IOS7. HELP!!

How do I get my ZAGG keyboard to work with ios7? On my iPad.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 2:44 PM

Try cycling Bluetooth in Settings and allowing the Zagg device to discovered and connected.

23 replies

Oct 18, 2013 9:42 PM in response to Tammyjodecker

My problem with the ZAGG keyboard and IOS7 is different and I suspect the problem is with IOS7 since it happens as soon as the keyboard is turned off. Then the onscreen keyboard won't come up most of the time though it works occasionally. I have to turn the keyboard back on and bring up the onscreen keyboard from there and turn the keyboard off again, then it works until the onscreen keyboard is hidden again. Turning the ipad off and back on seems to fix the problem. Apple, please have IOS7 detect when the keyboard is no longer on and resume onscreen keyboard use!

Nov 12, 2013 9:20 AM in response to mnsegler

I have a slightly different -- but similar -- issue.

The ZAGG iPad Air Folio case with illuminated keys pairs with my iPad Air just fine. Because I use my iPad so much during the day, I generally leave the ZAGG keyboard turned on. Most of the time when the iPad awakens, the keyboard is still paired. However, after the iPad has been asleep overnight, the keyboard is no longer paired and I need to reset Bluetooth on the iPad, power the keyboard off and then on -- and then press the keyboard's pairing button. And then everything's fine.

During several years of use, my two previous ZAGG keyboard never once had this problem.

Nov 12, 2013 10:35 AM in response to Leigh Hanlon

Leigh, I have had the same problem with my Air Folio. In addition, I find that the keyboard does not work on secure fields such as when I tried to purchase wifii on an airlline flight. I had to turn the keyboard off and use the Air keyboard, then turn the Zagg back on again. I have had this problem on several secure sites. Have you experienced anything like that?

I sent a note to Zagg support today.

Nov 12, 2013 12:03 PM in response to cdfmountains

I was able just now to log on to both my Facebook and Amazon accounts. I'm using a Wi-Fi network at my desk at my job, so that might not reflect the situation you encountered.

Also, I found that the user manual that shipped with my ZAGG Folio for iPad Air has illustrations that do not match the product I received. There is no LED on the side of the keyboard to indicate charging or pairing. Pairing on my unit is indicated by a flashing light on the Caps Lock key. My user manual also refers to "iPad 5," not "iPad Air."

The PDF manual available for download now has "iPad 5" removed from it, but still contains illustrations and instructions that don't match my product.

I've been in touch with ZAGG and they're sending me a new Folio under warranty. They're very good folks to deal with and have exemplary customer service.

All I can think of is that ZAGG made some kind of design change in the iPad Air Folio and neglected to update the user guide.

I have no idea why there's the Bluetooth pairing issue. Maybe it's some with iOS 7 or the Folio itself -- or even a combination of the two.

But like I said, ZAGG has been incredibly helpful to me. They even responded on Sunday. I'm confident they'll come up with a solution.

Jan 26, 2014 7:30 AM in response to Tammyjodecker

i also had a pairing problem after upgrading to ios 7.0.4. The ipad was identifying the zagg profolio keyboard when i went into settings and turned bluetooth ON, but could not connect/recognize it and would give me the error message. Here are the steps I took to make it work:

1. turn off the ZAGG keyboard

2. go into ipad settings. If you see the keyboard listed, click on the item and choose" forget this device".

3. go back to settings and turn blue-tooth OFF

4. now turn the board on and hit the "pair" button (if you have one). The blue light on the keyboard should be blinking.

5. go back to settings and turn on blue-tooth

6. the ZAGG should come up as a device. when you see this, click on "not connnected" to the right of where the ipad settings list the the zagg keyboard -- it should pair-up

If this does not work, try it again. it seems that a) you need to have the keyboard NOT listed as a device upon first initiation (thus step #2) AND the zagg needs to be trying to force the pair (thus step 4) instead of the ipad seacrhing for the zagg.

Try that and let me know if it works.

Jan 27, 2014 4:11 AM in response to Leigh Hanlon

My folio has the same mismatch between the instructions and the actual unit. It works well, but every so often, while I'm typing in Pages, the keyboard will disconnect from the ipad. There is a pause, and then the onscreen keyboard pops up. Sometimes it will scroll down several pages, and or type a bunch of the same letter. Pushing buttons on the folio (like changing the level of back-lighting) seems to bring it back, but it's frustrating. I'm wondering whether it's a firmware update to the keyboard that's needed to increase its reliability.

I also had trouble connecting to "secure" websites with the folio, and the onscreen keyboard was the only way to log in.

I can't get ZAGG keyboard to work after downloading IOS7. HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.