Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background app refresh

Does anyone know if background app refresh is a battery eater? I had it turned on today and my phone drained like a popped water balloon.

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 7:47 PM

2 replies

Nov 3, 2013 9:19 AM in response to deggie

When I noticed the battery plummet after the update, I did some research, and found a few blogs that gave tips in dealing w/the battery issue, and though they all had various different tips in things to configure to improve battery life, they all mention turning off the background app refresh. Another thing you might try if you haven't noticed it, and have no need/no constant need for the feature is turning off Bluetooth, which is automatically turned on w/each of the ios7 updates.

Background app refresh

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.