Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 2013 Mazda will not allow me to change songs wirelessly on Bluetooth with IOS7

My 2013 Mazda3 will not allow me to change songs wirelessly on Bluetooth through the steering wheel.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, Solo Beats

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 7:34 PM

5 replies

Sep 24, 2013 1:23 PM in response to sschulte21

I'm having what sounds like the same (or very similar) issue with my aftermarket Kenwood KDC-MP745U stereo. iPhone 4S, iOS7.

What works:

• iPhone pairs with the stereo, phonebook downloads, stereo unit can display music info
  • I can initiate/terminate phone calls from the stereo head unit, and I can answer
  • Music/sounds/calls play through the stereo
  • Controlling music via the iPhone (play/pause, next, back, etc)

The above items rule out a connectivity issue.

What doesn't:

Controlling music via the stereo unit (play/pause, next, back, etc) This worked prior to updating to iOS7.

The stereo unit doesn't appear to have a BT firmware update available from the web site, and the only thing that changed in this situation is upgrading to iOS7.

I have read in other discussions here that restoring the iPhone will do the trick, so will be trying this tonight.

Oct 21, 2013 5:56 PM in response to MadMikePDX

Thank you so much MadMikePDX, I was having kittens as my bt was not working in my madza. It would not come on by it self, I had to go to my phone and select a song and then it would not change songs at all. I rang the dealership, they told me I had to come and see them (I live an hour and a half away) so I googled, read your post and powered my phone on and off, and hey presto by bt is working again. Thank you again.

My 2013 Mazda will not allow me to change songs wirelessly on Bluetooth with IOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.