Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sonos with iTunes Radio?

Is it possible to get the new iTunes Radio to play on my Sonos player?? Help!!

iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:13 PM

21 replies

Sep 20, 2013 6:50 AM in response to rumblebee2475

My question too. iTunes radio really needs to be integrated with the Sonos apps (like Pandora, Slacker, Songza, etc.) in order to use it throughout my home. I'm playing with iTunes Radio now but I really can't use it except for workouts or bluetooth in the car but I can already do that stuff with Pandora, etc. but without Sonos integration it will only be experimental for me. Please get this integrated.

Sep 22, 2013 8:53 AM in response to rumblebee2475

You need to connect Itunes Radio to a SONOS playing device.

A SONOS Playbar and an Apple TV, provide an easy, conveniet and elegant way to play Itunes Radio on SONOS because both devices are already connected through your TV. Once ITunes Radio is playing on the Playbar, you can then use your SONOS controller app to "group" the Playbar's audio with other SONOS players in your house and adjust volume. The selection of a radio station can only be done through an Apple Itunes device and not the SONOS controller app (unless SONOS succeeds in getting a license from Apple and adds ITunes radio to their SONOS radios lineup 😝).

If you don't have a SONOS Playbar, the same can be accomplished by connecting an Apple device to a SONOS component with the Line In input such as a Sonos Connect:Amp or a Play5).

Dec 5, 2013 2:22 PM in response to jellinek

You got a good question.

To my knowledge, apart from the Sonos Playbar solutions, I think the options are:

Apple TV streaming iTunes Radio to a TV which is "audio Lined Out" to a Sonos Component with a Line In such as a Play5, Connec:Amp, etc.

You can do the same of course with iTunes Radio streaming from a PC or Laptop with the audio "Lined Out" to a Sonos Component.

Both Apple TV and iTunes Radio are not detected (or permitted to be detected) as a Sonos "Music Source" . However the Music Library (iTunes Library) is detected as Music Source.

So the question to an iTunes whiz on this discussion board is [Can an iTunes Radio selection be integrated and become part of an iTunes Library?]

Sonos support may have more suggestions.

Sonos with iTunes Radio?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.