Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 "No Sim Card Installed"

I just downloaded iOS 7 yesterday and ever since then I randomly keep getting "No Sim Card Installed" messeges. I've never had this problem until I installed the new iOS. Is anyone else having this problem? If so do you know how to fix it?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:23 PM

73 replies

Sep 20, 2013 12:03 AM in response to xx_jav_xx

Same problem, 'No SIM', only not random, persistent. Have turned on and off multiple times, reinstalled sim card when phone both on and off, reset network settings, nothing...:(

Went onto Apple support assuming they would have a site specfiic for answering IOS update troubleshooting, and couldn't find anything.

Sep 20, 2013 5:59 AM in response to Lani3

Update: Same message 'No SIM' when I switched it into my ipad so the card must have been damaged by the IOS 7 update?! Went to Omantel, bought and installed a new sim, and voila, working. Happy now, but baffled as to how this kind of stuff is happening. Wasted 6 hours diddling around trying to trouble shoot this. BTW, where on earth is Apple Support during this whole IOS 7 troubleshooting process today??

Sep 23, 2013 3:16 PM in response to xx_jav_xx

me too.

Obviously this is a software bug with iOS 7, as I never had the issue until the upgrade.

Now my phone is becoming useless for incoming calls and texts, since every few hours, I look at my phone and it says "No Sim card installed". I have to power down and back up to fix it.

Very bad bug - Apple, going to fix this ASAP?

iOS 7 "No Sim Card Installed"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.