Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iCloud.com Does Not Have a SCROLL Bar for Contacts (the letter bar does not scroll within a letter)

If you are an avid user of iCloud .com like me, then you often access and update your contacts on iCloud.com. I have over 500 hundred contacts, of which under certain letters I may have 25 contacts or more. Using the previous version of iCloud.com, it was easy to access any contact. You can click on the corresponding letter and then grab the scroll bar to move up or down to locate the contact under that particular letter you selected. (And yes, I know you can also search for a specific contact)

Using the new iCloud.com, this cannot be done and it's incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

Follow this and you will see exactly what I'm talking about. Go to iCloud.com, log in and select "Contacts". Click a letter that has a lot of contacts.

The only scroll action to take place will be if you grab a letter and move it up or down. This will only move your contacts from letter to letter (C to B, J to K etc.) and not within a particular letter.

If you are like me and have let's say 50 contacts under the letter J, click on the letter J which will start with Ja but I need to go to Ju, can't scroll down there. I can select the bottom most J contact and then click the down arrow 15 times to get to Ju which really *****.

I hope more people complain about this and Apple makes an immediate fix since accessing Contacts quickly are such an important part of our daily tasks.

iCloud.com Contacts

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 8:19 PM

14 replies

Sep 25, 2013 5:01 PM in response to iTunesPro

Same problem ... I cannot believe you Apple, this is so elementary.

On a computer I cannot scroll either in the letters column, OR the actual contact column if I have a lot of notes written for a particular contact.

No browser has a visible scroll bar any more, and all the main browsers behave in differently peculiar ways, none of them working properly with the Contacts page.

Chrome scrolls uncontrollably and doesn't let you stop. Unworkable.

Mozilla and Safari have no scroll bar and you have to use your arrow keys.

Very frustrated and surprised I haven't seen more complaints about this. It's as if no-one at Apple uses this. Bad sign.

Sep 29, 2013 10:16 AM in response to Guyko21

Thanks for your reply. I thought for a minute that maybe it was just me. Still can't beleive no one else is on top of this. Another problem... When you are veiwing or editing a contact there is no way to scroll down within that contact especially when editing. The only way for me to get to let's say my notes or an address down below the viewable are of my screen, is to hit Tab afew times.

Still cannot below there is no scroll option here either.

Guyko21, are we missing something here? How can there not be any other chatter about this online?

Oct 5, 2013 9:47 AM in response to iTunesPro

We're not missing anything, I've tried all browsers on all types of machine. Just amazed we're the only ones writing about it.

It's such an elementary thing to get wrong and not be fixing ... Very worrying as Apple are making many mistakes like this and the choice of alternatives is improving all the time.

Come on Apple, sort it!

Jul 31, 2016 2:02 PM in response to iTunesPro

I don't have a scroll bar anywhere in icloud.com Actually if I adjust the browser the scroll bar will appear and if i'm lucking i can scroll a little before it disappears then I have t adjust the size of the window again for it to appear again. Seriously why no scroll bar? How do they expect you to "scroll" through pictures? Will there ever be a scroll bar or should I just go to dropbox for my data storage? I paid for an upgrade for icloud.com storage, since I am paying for a service shouldn't they be making sure I can use it?

Dec 2, 2016 9:07 AM in response to iTunesPro

SCROLL BARS: Now you see them now you don't! Here is a great case for FORM over FUNCTION. While using iCloud, you will notice that your scroll bar appears for a second, but them frustratingly disappears and then refuses to re-appear. YES I know I could be using a mouse with a scroll wheel or a Magic Pad but I have an older Apple mouse! The only reason to make these bars disappear is to make the page pretty. I tried with several browsers and settings, no dice.

So let's say you open Photos. Your photos load below, but you can't grab the scroll bar and zip down to them. No, so you try and click a picture and use your arrow keys, but it only opens the picture...Once you start scrolling, you can see the bar and grab it. Once let go, it disappears again! How frustrating and how NOT Apple! I guess they are blowing off fixing it since people using tablets/phones/Magic Pads don't have the issue. SO EASY to fix with a PREFERENCE to leave scroll bars visible! Sad. Very sad :-(

Dec 2, 2016 10:07 AM in response to Larry_in_Sydney

Not the only one. I'm complaining about it here. Should we report anyplace else?

Yes. Please use the feedback form to report this usability problem.

Use this form: Apple - iCloud - Feedback

The vanishing scrollbar is really annoying and makes the iCloud web interface hard to use.

I have the preferences in the System Preferences > General set to always show the scrollbars, but Safari and Fire Fox are ignoring this.

New iCloud.com Does Not Have a SCROLL Bar for Contacts (the letter bar does not scroll within a letter)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.