5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 3:08 PM by ericsiegel01
Orest75 Level 1 Level 1

I downloaded iTunes 11 and iOS 7. Today I created a smart playlist in iTunes and selected to match only checked items. When I synced my iphone, the unchecked songs are still showing up in the playlist on my iphone. Has anyone else encountered this problem since upgrading to iOS 7?

iPhone 5, iOS 7
Solved by Orest75 on Oct 22, 2013 8:19 PM Solved

It appears that the new update to itunes and iOS has resolved the problem

• cold_chardonnay Level 1 Level 1

Hi Orest,

I have a similar problem. Smart Playlist is synced and plays songs, but if I want to skip the song, then it just starts over from the beginning. Even if I want to select a different song from that list, it plays the former played song. Totally strange. Only after 5 to 10 attempts it goes to another song. But it may Happen that the first song is played again later on. An no, it's nothing to do with shuffe or so 

For your problem: is there a cloud symbol next to the songs which shouldn't be in your list? If so, you can change that in the music settings.

Best regards

cc

• Orest75 Level 1 Level 1

Nope no icloud symbol.  I have never had a problem with this feature before iOS7.  I have a Classic ipod and the smart playlists that I have selected not to show unchecked songs does what it is supposed to do.  It's only on my Iphone 5 and Ipad 4 Gen that still shows all the songs in my smart playlists

• wilmawarrior Level 1 Level 1

I have same problem.  ios 7 has made the smartlist dumb!  Songs in the playlist do not match the criteria at all!

Any suggestions?

• Orest75 Level 1 Level 1

It appears that the new update to itunes and iOS has resolved the problem

• ericsiegel01 Level 1 Level 1

I had a smart playlist for recently added items that was not syncing correctly. I believe the error was caused by the presence of Podcasts as well as Music  in the list. My solution was to add the parameter ...

Screen Shot 2013-11-01 at 5.48.10 PM.png