Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did my attempt to add a line to my familytalk 1400 plan just add a new familytalk plan?

I just preordered an iPhone 5S as an upgrade to a current phone, and at the end of the order process it listed "No Voice Plan Changes" next to the phone. Yay.

I then preordered an iPhone 5S for my Mom, choosing to add a line to an existing plan, filling out a ton of my personal info (it asked for a driver's license and SSN as part of the process), and then it listed my existing familytalk 1400 plan on one line and another line with other plans. I chose Familytalk 1400.

On the Thank You page at the end of the order process, under a heading of "Rate Plan", is listed "Family 1400…………$80.00". Is this just telling me the cost of my current plan, or that I've just erroneously been led to sign up for a second Family 1400 plan even though I started the process by clicking "add line to existing plan". I'm hoping it's just a confusing bit of feedback at the end of the ordering pipeline, as I should be paying an additional $9.99/mo for the additional line and then $30/mo for the 3Gb data plan, not $80/mo for another FamilyTalk plan plus $30/mo data.

I tried to call apple support, but that's down due to high call volume. And there doesn't seem to be a way to send in an email to support.

Anyone else have this problem?

User uploaded file

iPhone 5S ordering pipeline-OTHER, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 9:32 AM

Spoke to Apple, they said that the message just means that it'll be added to my current FamilyTalk 1400 plan.

I let them know that it's a bit confusing when some orders say "No Voice Plan Changes" and other orders that don't change the plan quote a dollar amount.

1 reply

Did my attempt to add a line to my familytalk 1400 plan just add a new familytalk plan?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.