Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get back my nice 3D interface? New one is too ugly and old fashion despite designers thiniking.

What a disappointment.

I expect the gain to be huge to compensate that ugly flat interface.

I know some designers decided that flat and simple, old vintage fashion was trendy but in fact only designers think so and it may be because they don't know how to really innovate.

Guys I want my nice 3D interface back. Can you tell me how to do that or, if impossible right now, can you please think rapidly of an update to get at least the choice?

Thanks

iOS7-OTHER, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 12:19 AM

7 replies

Sep 20, 2013 12:26 AM in response to SKLog

iOS has never had a 3D interface - in fact the new iOS 7 interface has more "depth" than previous versions. You're clearly not a designer yourself... and prefer old-style skuomorphism.

DId you not bother to look at the iOS 7 pages, screenshots and videos on Apple's website over the past few months to see what you were getting before upgrading?

You cannot downgrade.

Sep 20, 2013 1:02 AM in response to dU2mDUifydkRa0E9ic5A

You're right it is was not 3D but had a far better look and more modern than this new one.

I am not a designer, I am a user that pays for Apple products and I raise my voice when I have to.

I do not like that new design I explain why and I ask not for a downgrad as I expect Apple programmers to have compensated what I dislike comming from designers.

I went on the site several times and saw what was coming but I was expecting to be able to change the design.

I would not avoid to go for the latest version of the OS for a design matter but I say what I think needs to be said.

Would I be the only stupid guy thinking that way?

I know not as I already shared with several colleagues and out of 8 only 1 said he doesn't care.....

If now Apple doesn't want to listen to customers, let us know.

Sep 20, 2013 1:49 AM in response to SKLog

You expected to be able to change the design? When has changing anything about the appearance of iOS (except wallpapers) ever been an option, or even hinted at as being one? Your totally unrealistic expectations are the cause of your disappointment.

Apple listened during the long beta period, and made numerous changes to the look.

Apple don't participate in these forums, if you've got something to tell them, go here: http://www.apple.com/feedback

Sep 20, 2013 2:03 AM in response to SKLog

No, you're nt the only one,

I've updated my iPad, and is terrific the graphic interface.

It seems to use a tablet for baby, and i've also problem whit all that white used....

If i want an interface like a game, or for babies, i can buy android, from Apple i expect a professional product.

I was with Apple frm the Macintosh Classic, long long time ago, this is the first time i ate one things done by Apple.

Sep 20, 2013 10:16 AM in response to Fabio Dotti

Same for me

Since my 1st Apple II I was always amazed by the surprizing innovation and the unexpected evolution of design, for hardware and for software.

Revolution after revolution Apple was always my favorite brand amongst all others in any category because of that.

This morning I felt really and for the first time disappointed. It happened in the past to be in trouble because a bugs, small issues but never to the point that I have that feeling that I came back to times when Compaq iPaq and Palm where the PDA champions. This interface clearly reminds me my Handspring PDA about 15 years ago.

Yes it is an iPhone / iPad stuff bringing all its evolution history, nevertheless I do not like that look and feel.

Snozdop

Thanks for your comments, I am not a designer but I have a little bit of background and changing the way an interface looks like is something common since decades on computers including Macs.

I am not dreaming asking for the opportunity to decide how I want my icons and menus would look like.

Thanks anyways for the link I'll obviously use it without moderation.

By the way, did anyone notice an increase in energy consumption? I feel like I have an issue here on both my iPhone and iPad.

Thanks

SKLog

Sep 20, 2013 11:11 AM in response to SKLog

changing the way an interface looks like is something common since decades on computers including Macs.

You obviously don't use Macs at all. Apple has never incorporated many (if any) functions to allow changing the interface of Macs.

"Themes" haven't existed on Macs since the Mac OS 8 days, and even then they were very limited in what they changed (just a few colours). A few third-party interface theming applications have come and gone, but it is totally wrong to say changing the way the interface looks on Apple products is common.

Nov 10, 2013 1:39 AM in response to SKLog

I can't agree more with SKLog, the new interface is just a hype, and the old one was more functional and beautiful,

I don't care about designers and other unrelated stuff, the old interface is more intuitive and easy to use, and I think the new one is a step backward, we expect much more from a company like Apple, which is famous for its great designs, the absence of Steve Jobs is now obvious more than ever.

Can I get back my nice 3D interface? New one is too ugly and old fashion despite designers thiniking.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.