Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any tips on reducing saved pdf files for emailing?

I have an imac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I want to send a particular company 2 pdf documents I have scanned and saved to the desk top. The email keeps bouncing back. I have reduced the two attachemnts to one- but that doesnt work either. I cant seem to find a way to reduce the size of the pdf attachemtns. I read on line to go into Preview, file, export and choose the reduce option there- but if I go inot Preview, file - I dont have an export option.

Any solutions gratefully received.

Thanks

Rarmy

iMac

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 1:45 AM

1 reply

Sep 20, 2013 9:18 AM in response to rarmy

Those are almost certainly scans embedded within a PDF container file. Either transfer the files via Dropbox or another file-sharing service, or re-gengerate the scans using lower resolution scan or (maybe) changes to the contrast settings in the scanner, or try compressing the scans (if the scans are not already compressed, as various tools that wrap scans in PDFs will attempt that).

FWIW, I'm going to guess that this question isn't an OS X Server question but more likely a question involving 10.6 and mail, and you're not looking to adjust the maximum mail message size quotas for the mail messages traversing the mail server within an OS X Server system. If you are, then that's usually via Server Admin.app or Server.app or manual commands issued at the Terminal.app prompt, depending on the version of OS X Server involved.

any tips on reducing saved pdf files for emailing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.