Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot stop working with IOS 7

Hi,

I used to have access to internet with my iPhone 4 hotspot, but since upgraded to IOS 7 it won't work anymore. I can not have access to iPhone either Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.

I will need to do somthing to configure iPhone 4?

Thank you in advance for your support.

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 3:35 AM

10 replies

Oct 4, 2013 5:29 PM in response to lmsv672816

I was having this problem (iphone 5 wouldn't work as hotspot for my PC laptop) and had tried everything suggested on these message boards, so I finally went to the Apple Genius Bar and they fixed it for me. Here's what they did:

1) Turned the Hotspot off on my iphone

2) Went to the Control Panel on my laptop to "Network and Internet" > "Network and Sharing Center" > "Manage Wireless Networks" (on the left navigation panel) and deleted my iphone from the list of WiFi connections I've attempted.

3) Flipped the manual WiFi switch on my laptop to Off and then back On again (to reset it)

4) Turned the Hotspot on my iphone back on

After that, when I tried to connect, it worked. Hope this works for someone else.

Jul 20, 2014 12:46 PM in response to ksimcox

I have the same problem with my Toshiba laptop. It will connect with my iPhone 5 via wifi. But it doesn't work. No pages load. However it works perfectly fine with my iPad.

One thing you can do as a workaround is connect your iPhone to your laptop using a USB cable. So instead of wifi, you're connected physically via the USB cable. You'll need to disconnect your wifi connection. it works perfectly for me.

It's an annoying issue for sure!

Thanks

Hotspot stop working with IOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.