Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I noticed this morning that someone had accessed my calendar and put a letter in there, it was an obvious scam as it was from outside and asking for money, how will they have accessed it and is there a way of stopping it? I only use my macbook at home

As above it seems that someone has accessed my calendar

Not sure how this may have happened, have looked in my security settings and do note that the only program to share my calendar is google Chrome.

Any ideas how this may have been hacked?

I never take my macbook away from home and am rural so no driveby issues.

Its a bit concerning if this can happen

2.16 intel core 2 Duo G4, Mac OS X (10.5.7), 2gb 533mhz ddr2 ram

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 5:06 AM

SORTED IT!!!!

In calendar preferences it says share with and my share with was also set to gmail

the scammer send a message with a heading date and time and it popped up in my calendar - turned it off now so not hacked after all just clever on the part of the scammer!!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2013 5:06 AM in response to g4jnw

SORTED IT!!!!

In calendar preferences it says share with and my share with was also set to gmail

the scammer send a message with a heading date and time and it popped up in my calendar - turned it off now so not hacked after all just clever on the part of the scammer!!

I noticed this morning that someone had accessed my calendar and put a letter in there, it was an obvious scam as it was from outside and asking for money, how will they have accessed it and is there a way of stopping it? I only use my macbook at home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.