Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4S OS partially unresponsive in homescreen

Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I installed iOS 7 and everything was working fine. However today a strange error occured.

this is what happend

I was listining to Itunes trough earplugs.

I opend the camera to take a picture trough the camera icon on the lock screen.

The camera app opened but the screen remained black

Next thing the music jammed.

I clicked some stuff and all and musicstopped and i was (am) in the lock screen/homescreen.

What is working atm

the home button functions properly, i can vieuw the home screen, i can activate siri.

i can cget acces on the new "controlthingie" from the bottom, with wifi bleuthooth music etc. but it doesnt work and i cant use the touch screen to close it. I need to use the home button.

I can also acces the message centere and close it using the touch screen, however i cannot scroll in it or do anything else.

I can use the power button to almost turn off my iphone but the slide to shutdown does not work.

I apear to be able to receive message wich do apear on the home screen, i can change sound settings using the buttons on the side.

so mainly the touchscreen itself does work but is mostly unresponsive to my commands.

I am now waiting till my battery dies so i can reboot my iphone, but it's obviously an error in iOS 7 so i hope this information is helpfull in a quick bug fix release.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 4:55 AM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2014 4:22 AM in response to MellowSG

Just had the same thing happen on my 4s / iOS 7.0.4

Wasn't listening to music, didn't use the camera… just tried to unlock the phone after not using it for a while and experienced the same thing. Siri worked, home and lock buttons worked, notification center and bottom utility menu would open (only notification center would close using touch screen).

Holding the home+lock buttons together to restart the phone seems to have fixed the problem.

Iphone 4S OS partially unresponsive in homescreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.