Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With iOS7, why can't my Toyota's bluetooth radio no longer control iTunes from my iPhone5?

I updated my iPhone 5 with iOS7 and now I have no song-advance control (via steering wheel buttons or dashboard) over iTunes from my phone. Is this a bug within Apple's new operating system or is there something I need to change in settings in the phone or car to regain control over song-advancing? For whatever reason, the dashboard radio controls no longer control track skipping either. My car is a 2012 Toyota Prius and I assume the issue affects other Toyota models with bluetooth capability.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 5:07 AM

7 replies

Sep 23, 2013 6:05 AM in response to BrianQ1971

OK, so just to reiterate what others have said:

1. Remove the multimedia devices from your phone (Settings-Bluetooth-(your device)-i-Forget this Device

2. Do a hard reset on the phone -push both buttons until the phone shuts down; then wait patiently for it to restart

3. Go to your car and remove the Bluetooth pairing for your phone

4. Turn off the car and wait 30 seconds

5. Turn on the vehicle and re-pair your devices.

After trying a number of different combinations, this finally worked. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad

With iOS7, why can't my Toyota's bluetooth radio no longer control iTunes from my iPhone5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.