Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reception with Mophie Helium Juice Pack & iPhone 5

I just recently bought this case and I am finding that my reception is horrible. I am in my basement office and I can usually get two bars or better on 3G, but with the Mophie case the phone is constantly searching for service.

WIth the IOS7 update I am finding the battery draining so fast, so I would like to be able to use this case.

Does anyone have this case that could provide feedback?

Thanks in advance,

Susan

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 7:45 AM

I have the same case. I've had it since it was first released and I've noticed no change in reception at all, either with iOS 6 or now with iOS 7. Sorry you're having problems.

Regarding your battery draining fast, you should restore your phone as NEW and set it up from scratch. You probably have a rogue app or a corrupt setting somewhere that's causing the battery power leak.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2013 7:45 AM in response to Jazzysue

I have the same case. I've had it since it was first released and I've noticed no change in reception at all, either with iOS 6 or now with iOS 7. Sorry you're having problems.

Regarding your battery draining fast, you should restore your phone as NEW and set it up from scratch. You probably have a rogue app or a corrupt setting somewhere that's causing the battery power leak.

Sep 21, 2013 4:23 AM in response to Jazzysue

Yes, I saw that on there. Still waiting to hear back from them.

I am wondering if it is an actual problem with the antenna in my phone. I recently upgraded from the Galaxy S3 to iPhone 5. With the Galaxy I had excellent reception in my house on the 4G network. With the iPhone 5 I seem to only get 3G with 3 bars max. If I go to Ottawa I can get on the LTE network, but that is not available here where I live yet.

May 7, 2014 12:20 AM in response to OneGreatNana

I just purchased the Mophie Air model and my reception has definitely dropped. I have two iPhone 5 for work and personal. I get the same signal strength from both of them when I remove the Mophie Air. When I install the Mophie Air case the signal will switch from LTE to the standard 3G ATT services and the signal will drop one bar. This is a big deal for me since I want to have the LTE service.

I may have to remove the Mophie and use it as a charger when my iPhone is low on battery. I actually like the increase in size and weight but can't tolerate the loss of signal strength.

I should have done more research before making a purchase. I can't see how a replacement case would help unless it was designed differently or made of some other material.

Good luck.

Reception with Mophie Helium Juice Pack & iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.