Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPad isn't accepting the wifi code - states it is wrong password, though it is the same on my iPhone and laptop. Toggled wifi off/on, tried 'forgetting network' and not getting the option. IP address etc fields all blank

my iPad isn't accepting the wifi code - states it is wrong password, though it is the same on my iPhone and laptop. Toggled wifi off/on, tried 'forgetting network' and not getting the option. IP address etc fields all blank

iPad, iOS 7, wifi won't connect after 7.0 upgrad

Posted on Sep 20, 2013 5:42 AM

5 replies

Sep 20, 2013 5:46 AM in response to Oceanica

WiFi Troublshooting

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Is this happening with one particular network or with all? Make sure iOS is updated on the device.

Try this:

Reboot ipad by pressing and holding both the home and sleep/wake buttons at the same time until the apple logo appears on the screen, then let go. Then try to connect to network.

Go to settings, Toggle airplane mode on/off. Make sure bluetooth is off. Turn on wif (airplane mode off). Try to connect.

Reset Network Settings

Go to settings/general/reset/reset network settings. Then try to connect to network.

If its your home router, then reboot router by unplugging for 5-10min. (do this while you're resetting network settings).

If problem persists, then check for firmware updates on your router.(you check router manufacturer support website for downloads and instructions).

Wifi Settings greyed out or dim

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559

Recommended wifi settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4199

Sep 20, 2013 10:04 AM in response to GrumpyGator

Don't know about all networks, I haven't been in range of any others yet.

This is my home network, and it was - I believe - the OS update to 7 overnight that is a contributing factor. My laptop and my iPhone are both connected wirelessly to the router with the password.

I reset the iPad, reset the network settings again, toggled airplane on/off, turned off bluetooth.

When I go to connect to wi-fi, the error message I get is it is the wrong passcode - the same one I am using for both other devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.